Auto...turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future.

Reaction score
Sup guys, i have a little problem. I want a 5spd, but my parents really want to get me an auto, well my mom does. I live in NoVa, so traffic can be bad. The thing is, i would wanna do stuff to it, but it seems pointless in an auto.

I also may wanna get a turbo later on, so should i get one with an auto, or what do you guys recommend?

Im just furstrated by this whole thing, every 5spd we find has problems. :mad:

I would get a 4cyl auto btw, i doubt a auto to manual swap is in the cards.

Any suggestions would be nice, thanks.

djpm05

Reaction score
get a stick. I have an automatic and it's not fun to drive. I don't race usually because all racing is with an automatic is pressing on the gas. that's it. get a stick:)

Future.

Reaction score
I know, i want a stick, its my mom. We are also having a hard time finding a good stick.

acrod99

Reaction score
i have an auto, am turboing it this weekend, and ain't lookin back! haha. trannys don't make a huge difference in my mind. ive heard arguments up the wazoo bout this issue, and noone can prove anything either way. that's my .02

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
djpm05 said:
get a stick. I have an automatic and it's not fun to drive. I don't race usually because all racing is with an automatic is pressing on the gas. that's it. get a stick:)

Or you could be a weirdo and "shift" thru the automatic gears. 1-2-D3-D4... :D :D

Don't laugh, all us auto guys have done it. :cool:

Muyo

Reaction score
6th gen Auto tranny will die sooner or later. Its like the most unreliable transmission in Honda's line up/

klee

Reaction score
Knock on wood, I have 125K on my auto tranny. I change the tranny fluid every other oil change. I primarly use 1st and 2nd during auto cross events and it holds up well.

Muyo

Reaction score
you got tranny cooler on that?

klee

Reaction score
Muyo said:
you got tranny cooler on that?
Haven't installed one yet. Between each run I've been spraying it down with water. Obviously not as effective as a tranny cooler but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back