DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm sure I've asked more questions than any individual in this thread, but I've been double checking all my parts and I noticed that the part number for the V6 arms for the rear calipers have a different part number than the ones for the i4. Are they interchangable, because I didn't take the arms when I pulled the calipers off?

kamozee

Reaction score
I answered this in a previous post. The rear calipers on a v6 sedan are the same as an i4 coupe. The rear pads are the same but it's just the calipers that look the same.

Varnell

Reaction score
I saw your post about getting lucky and matching knuckles with calipers. I may just be confused, but I'm wondering about the arm that bolts to the rear calipers, not the knuckles or brake mounts.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Probably already covered but is there a proportion valve that need to be changed if originally w/drums

lashlee

Reaction score
It can be but it is not necessary to change the proportioning valve.

The calipers from sedan to coupe are slightly (and I do mean slightly) different though they will work on either knuckle or on either coupe or sedan, but they are not the same.

Varnell

Reaction score
Alright, well I just went ahead and bought the V6 arms that connect to the rear calipers and spindles. What I'm working on now is tracking down the parking brake cables. Honda has informed me that there are two and that they have different part numbers. Yet I can only find the Right Parking Cable online for a sedan. The left one I keep finding is for a coupe.

I'm assuming there would be quite a difference in length between the two. Maybe it's more trouble than it's worth, but I'd rather not spend $100+ for each cable at the dealership.

Edit: With more extensive searching I have come across Dorman brake cables for 98 Accord V6's, but they don't specify whether they are for the sedans or coupes. Should I assume that means there is no difference in lengths?

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
I'd love to visits your dealership. Mine wants to charge $120 per cable. The ones I found are $65 for the passenger side and $30 for the driver's side, but they don't specify coupe or sedan so I've been holding off on them.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I'd love to visits your dealership. Mine wants to charge $120 per cable. The ones I found are $65 for the passenger side and $30 for the driver's side, but they don't specify coupe or sedan so I've been holding off on them.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

honda parts online > pick the model and trim you want your cables from > find 'parking brake' on the list > viola.

way cheaper than $120 per cable too. i just looked at 99 lx v6 cables for a sedan and they were ~$40 each.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Coupe or sedan doesn't matter for the cables. I just picked v6 ones and they were around $40/ea. Some of you make this way harder and complicated than it is.

Back