DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

Varnell

Reaction score
I admit, I'm not the most mechanically inclined. I did still manage to get the wrong parts, though. The mounting brackets need to be paired up with the corresponding calipers; coupe or sedan. They're off by a mere 1/16th of an inch.

Something similar to this was said about the arms, but I may have overlooked information on the mounting brackets. I've just ordered the new brackets and I hope to be sitting on my new wheels tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work and patience.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There isn't an actual step by step process on the site, most people use this as a guide and fill in the holes themselves. And many have done it successfully.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All I did when I started on this project was look at parts diagrams and compare it to what I already knew from my car. It was literally just figuring out how it all went together in my head.

I could make a step by step but it'd be so lengthy and involved that it's much easier to give someone the basics and let them figure the rest out for themselves. No one showed me how to do it, I just got my hands dirty. Sometimes that's the best way to learn.

Varnell

Reaction score
I respect you for that. I took the easy way out. I collected the parts and took it to a garage. I did request to watch and learned a good bit just from that. lol

With this being my only car and me having no prior mechanic experience I wasn't about to mess with something so vital. Now when it comes to DIYs that I can screw up and still have an operational vehicle, I'm all over that.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
There isn't an actual step by step process on the site, most people use this as a guide and fill in the holes themselves. And many have done it successfully.

All I did when I started on this project was look at parts diagrams and compare it to what I already knew from my car. It was literally just figuring out how it all went together in my head.

I could make a step by step but it'd be so lengthy and involved that it's much easier to give someone the basics and let them figure the rest out for themselves. No one showed me how to do it, I just got my hands dirty. Sometimes that's the best way to learn.
The reason why I asked is because I'm scared to just go in and do it then fudge something up and regret it later :/. Its either this or adapters from a well known company.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The reason why I asked is because I'm scared to just go in and do it then fudge something up and regret it later :/. Its either this or adapters from a well known company.

Understandable, but when you think about it a car is just nuts and bolts. You're not doing something like replacing/adjusting timing parts, rebuilding a transmission, or adjusting your valves. The bearings are already pressed in if you get complete hubs, all you have to do is remove and replace parts. The hardest thing you'll probably face is seized nuts/bolts. Maybe running the e-brake cables, I don't know.

Take a weekend and do one corner so you don't overwhelm yourself...prep Friday night, and get an early start on Saturday morning. Take pictures of stuff before you take it apart so you know how to put it back together, and make sure you have all the tools/tricks necessary to do the job. If you're that worried about it, have a plan B in case somehow you render the car undriveable come Monday (which I doubt).

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
Definitely go with the swap over adapters.

Understandable, but when you think about it a car is just nuts and bolts. You're not doing something like replacing/adjusting timing parts, rebuilding a transmission, or adjusting your valves. The bearings are already pressed in if you get complete hubs, all you have to do is remove and replace parts. The hardest thing you'll probably face is seized nuts/bolts. Maybe running the e-brake cables, I don't know.

Take a weekend and do one corner so you don't overwhelm yourself...prep Friday night, and get an early start on Saturday morning. Take pictures of stuff before you take it apart so you know how to put it back together, and make sure you have all the tools/tricks necessary to do the job. If you're that worried about it, have a plan B in case somehow you render the car undriveable come Monday (which I doubt).

OK I'll try that. It has to be a weekend because this my only car. Hard part is finding all the parts. I have an all out import junkyard here but they got no v6 accords just the 4 bangers :/. I checked when looking for leather interior.

Back