Clutch? Good performance clutch?

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
hey my Oem clutch is getting old, And looking to upgrade whats a good clutch? Looking at maybe a exedy stage 2? Questions. Comments welcome. Anyone have better recommendations for a good performance clutch please lmk.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
What performance mods do you have and what numbers are you looking at? If you have basic bolt-ons, all you really need is OEM. If you are boosting mildly, Stage 2 should be good.
I am not an exedy fan so i will not recommend that to you but if performance clutch is what you are looking for, look into clutch masters. Not going to vouch for their flywheel though but their clutch can take some serious beating before they give up.

F23TypeR

Reaction score
Compettion Clutch are decent. A buddy of mine had an exedy clutch and took his time breaking it in his eg, about after 1000 mile break in period he did a pull and the f*cking thing still slipped. Imo exedy is over rated, its just a name

9450erick

Reaction score
ACT clutch (advanced clutch technology) is the way to go. its a lot better than exedy

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I have an Exedy Stage 1 with a Fidanza Alum. Flywheel. Great daily driven setup at a low-ish cost. I believe this setup has been discussed in depth before and a lot of people like it.

I had a ClutchMasters Stage 4 in my Galant. That was a mean clutch!

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
What performance mods do you have and what numbers are you looking at? If you have basic bolt-ons, all you really need is OEM. If you are boosting mildly, Stage 2 should be good.
I am not an exedy fan so i will not recommend that to you but if performance clutch is what you are looking for, look into clutch masters. Not going to vouch for their flywheel though but their clutch can take some serious beating before they give up.

Right now besides an aem intake and ngk plugs/wires. My engine is pretty much stock. Looking to possibly boost in the future, not sure yet. I'm planning on getting an h22 tranny with lsd. Dont want oem clutch. Wanted to upgrade. Heard bad things about light fly wheels so i think i want to keep my stock one as well.

Centerforce is also a good make.
I havent heard much about centerforce, how well does it bite? better than oem?

Compettion Clutch are decent. A buddy of mine had an exedy clutch and took his time breaking it in his eg, about after 1000 mile break in period he did a pull and the f*cking thing still slipped. Imo exedy is over rated, its just a name
` Damn man. Yea i was just on ebay and wasnt sure ya know...

ACT clutch (advanced clutch technology) is the way to go. its a lot better than exedy
Hmmm i forgot about act clutch. Can i use a stock flywheel with ACT?

I have an Exedy Stage 1 with a Fidanza Alum. Flywheel. Great daily driven setup at a low-ish cost. I believe this setup has been discussed in depth before and a lot of people like it.

I had a ClutchMasters Stage 4 in my Galant. That was a mean clutch!
damn man. I bet it was. Burn through tires left and right...? lol:thumbup:

finch13

Reaction score
Have you read the Clutch review thread yet?

Right now besides an aem intake and ngk plugs/wires. My engine is pretty much stock. Looking to possibly boost in the future, not sure yet. I'm planning on getting an h22 tranny with lsd. Dont want oem clutch. Wanted to upgrade. Heard bad things about light fly wheels so i think i want to keep my stock one as well.

` Damn man. Yea i was just on ebay and wasnt sure ya know...

Hmmm i forgot about act clutch. Can i use a stock flywheel with ACT?

damn man. I bet it was. Burn through tires left and right...? lol:thumbup:

You can use any clutch with any flywheel and vice versa, unless stated by the manufacturer.

What bad things have you heard about lightweight flywheels?

I've had my Fidanza 3.2 clutch/Fidanza 8lb. flywheel for the last 50k or so with no issues besides a little bit of chirping as you slip the clutch, which was solved in v.2 of the clutch (buddy has the 2nd gen on his Accord). Dropped $550 bones for it back in the day...

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Bites like a shark, incomparable with OEM. Pedal feel is closer to OEM though, but grip is not sacrificed. Amazing daily driver setup, and the price is just as satisfying as well. I got my CenterForce DualFriction clutch kit for ~$250 shipped from eBay, and the Fidanza 8Lb. Flywheel for like $150 shipped I believe.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I believe the OEM clutch is made of softer material than the centerforce, can anyone confirm that the centerforce has a longer life span the OEM under normal driving conditions?

Back