Clutch? Good performance clutch?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Well i'm looking for a good performance upgrade. Something that bites Hard, but that i can still daily drive.

Well in that case please read this again because I'm pretty sure that's what I just stated. I believe it fits your criteria, just go ahead read it again.

Centerforce definitely holds up longer than an OEM clutch in daily driving, this is because it is made for grip without sacrificing pedal feel. Daily driving feels just about the same with it as far as pedal pressure, but you get the performance you need whether you have no mods done to your car, or you have a mild boost setup like myself. It's rated for 450hp I believe.

Key words..

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I also agree that SPEC sucks! got a stage3 installed a few months back..already bought another clutch ACT and swapping them out!

Erik123456789

Reaction score
exedy is actually very good tbh.. I've had an exedy stage 3 clutch/flywheel kit holding boost for over a year now :thumbup:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
exedy is actually very good tbh.. I've had an exedy stage 3 clutch/flywheel kit holding boost for over a year now :thumbup:

I like my Exedy, it's been going for three years on "spirited" driving. Exedy Stage 1 and Fidanza Flywheel FTW!

Doesn't Exedy make Honda OEM clutches?? Am I just losing my mind?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Exedy does make the OEM clutch for our cars.

The one thing you should watch out for in a flywheel is the one piece vs. two piece flywheels. Especially when you are making higher HP, I have seen the two piececome apart during a run on a track. The one piece is a more solid construction by far. Just a suggestion.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
even though i have never owned one, ACT will be my next performance clutch. my friends 6 puck unsprung has held for about 5 years even though it is on its way out

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
even though i have never owned one, ACT will be my next performance clutch. my friends 6 puck unsprung has held for about 5 years even though it is on its way out

from what i've read they make a great performance clutch. I'm probly going with the performence/street clutch and flywheel package. When i'm done it will be paired up to an h22 tranny with lsd.:jerkit:

Snoobly

Reaction score
Bites like a shark, incomparable with OEM. Pedal feel is closer to OEM though, but grip is not sacrificed. Amazing daily driver setup, and the price is just as satisfying as well. I got my CenterForce DualFriction clutch kit for ~$250 shipped from eBay, and the Fidanza 8Lb. Flywheel for like $150 shipped I believe.
So Nikita, Can you link to where you bought your centerforce? I'm interested cause I need a new clutch...

Ive had an ACT clutch in my car since 03, its been great. And Ive installed just about every company into various cars, the worse by far has been SPEC clutches. They suck.

With the torque that Hondas make, (or dont make), you should be fine with pretty much anything. Its how big you want to left calf to get.
Stay away from SPEC. About two or three months ago I installed the stage 4 six puck unsprung and life has been hell since. It grabs way hard down in the low RPMs and then slips after about 4k in first. SOOO annoying when you can't use your whole RPM band in first.

I like my Exedy, it's been going for three years on "spirited" driving. Exedy Stage 1 and Fidanza Flywheel FTW!

Doesn't Exedy make Honda OEM clutches?? Am I just losing my mind?
I liked my Exedy OEM that I put in when I did the manual swap. only reason i got rid of it was because it couldn't hold the power I started putting down when I boosted.

Back