200k miles parts car?!?!?!?!?!

JonWiLL

Reaction score
Since my accord was in an accident, i was looking for a parts car. I found a 98 accord dx hit in front. im highly interested in it cause its a 5spd and itll have everything i need to convert my from auto, the only only problem i see is it has 230k. ill get the complete rear suspension and trunk etc, whatever else i need. Do you think its worth it? i would be paying around 750 for the parts car.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if it was for strictly body parts I'd say yes but I wouldn't pull anything else of a car like that. Unless I knew that it was babied its whole life like my car :peace:

JonWiLL

Reaction score
if it was for strictly body parts I'd say yes but I wouldn't pull anything else of a car like that. Unless I knew that it was babied its whole life like my car :peace:

well i need everything in the rear, the rear suspension subframe and everything attached to it and my auto trans is crapping out too, so i was thinking of using the manual from that, getting it rebuilt with new synchros and stuff, new clutch, new axles, and whatevers left from that car, i can part out.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
for the entire manual swap i would say buy it for 750

as far as the rear parts, IF you are 100% going to do the manual swap, THEN you could use many of the parts from the donor car. and if you need more parts, sell pieces off the engine/body to make some cash

if i could finf a damaged 6GA for 750, i would already be putting the trailer on the truck heading to the ATM

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
if you're going to swap why not get a better tranny? yes the manual is better than the auto but i think something a little more...solid would be better. but if you just want an manual for the fun of it then i don't see why not.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing.

if you're going to swap why not get a better tranny? yes the manual is better than the auto but i think something a little more...solid would be better. but if you just want an manual for the fun of it then i don't see why not.

By "better" and "solid" do you mean a lower mileage tranny? He said he was rebuilding it anyway so I'd say he's covered.

JonWiLL

Reaction score

as far as the rear parts, IF you are 100% going to do the manual swap, THEN you could use many of the parts from the donor car. and if you need more parts, sell pieces off the engine/body to make some cash

if i could finf a damaged 6GA for 750, i would already be putting the trailer on the truck heading to the ATM

yes im 100% sure im going to convert, thats my main interest in this car, im certain that i wanna make it manual, but i was worried about parts being worn too much, i mean besides the transmission, what else in a manual can be worn at that mileage

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You may not even have to rebuild the transmission. With those miles, and it sitting in the junk yard for God knows how long, they mostly went highway and didnt change gears a lot.

Have the transmission inspected before you go buying anything. I would go ahead and use everything off that car. Anything suspension involved with those miles, you should replace all the bushing, ball joints if they have not been replaced already.

I would go ahead and replace the slave cylinder on the transmissin, unless it looks like its been replaced. Master cylinders last longer.

I've cracked open a lot of engines and transmission with high miles, and you will be surprised. Most accords are driven by old folks or people who dont care about smashing the gears.

JonWiLL

Reaction score
You may not even have to rebuild the transmission. With those miles, and it sitting in the junk yard for God knows how long, they mostly went highway and didnt change gears a lot.

Have the transmission inspected before you go buying anything. I would go ahead and use everything off that car. Anything suspension involved with those miles, you should replace all the bushing, ball joints if they have not been replaced already.

I would go ahead and replace the slave cylinder on the transmissin, unless it looks like its been replaced. Master cylinders last longer.

I've cracked open a lot of engines and transmission with high miles, and you will be surprised. Most accords are driven by old folks or people who dont care about smashing the gears.

thats the thing, my friend will buy it for me off a salvage auction, i cant see the car till its in my driveway lol, im almost certain that ill buy it, i just have to wait till monday and make sure these a-holes from progressive dont total my car and take it away. It would suck to buy a parts car to fix a car you no longer have lol

Back