Accord coupe CG2 dash swap.

FNCONE

Reaction score
tknightt im sorry i meant climate control wires(not cluster) the climate control has a connection to the outside temp all you have to do is run it to the right wire on the cluster and u have outside temp...niceee you have the whole tl i just got interior and engine if i forgot anything i have to go back to the junk yard

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
How did you get the odometer to accurately read your mileage? Did you get it recalibrated somewhere? This mod looks so nice btw, hopefully something I can do one day!

FNCONE

Reaction score
How did you get the odometer to accurately read your mileage? Did you get it recalibrated somewhere? This mod looks so nice btw, hopefully something I can do one day!

I have the cluster from my swap. Same donor car

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I just bought a complete 1999 Acura TL. I am going to part out everything I can (except most of the interior). Later this winter, I will tackle this dash swap on a 98, H22swap, Sedan. I hope the 99 cluster will work as I think it should. I'm also working on a custom gauge face as my H22 is a MT and therefore I do not want to see the gear shift indicator (may use it to display something else)

i think all the wiring should be plug n play from the 99, if i were you i would swap in all the electricals, that would give you heated seats and other extras :thumbsup: also make sure you swap the center ac box thing or else youll have problems.
i figured out after checking acurazine that i need the 99 cluster for everything to work lol
Curious to see how the dash swap goes when its from a 99 TL. Hope to see the progress and pics on this, good luck.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I just bought a complete 1999 Acura TL. I am going to part out everything I can (except most of the interior). Later this winter, I will tackle this dash swap on a 98, H22swap, Sedan. I hope the 99 cluster will work as I think it should. I'm also working on a custom gauge face as my H22 is a MT and therefore I do not want to see the gear shift indicator (may use it to display something else)

i think all the wiring should be plug n play from the 99, if i were you i would swap in all the electricals, that would give you heated seats and other extras :thumbsup: also make sure you swap the center ac box thing or else youll have problems.
i figured out after checking acurazine that i need the 99 cluster for everything to work lol

Curious to see how the dash swap goes when its from a 99 TL. Hope to see the progress and pics on this, good luck.

Any updates on this?

tknightt

Reaction score
Any updates on this?

YES, it's all done and everything works like it should :) wiring was a major pain, going from manual heater control to full climate control means most every connector had to be repinned. I also found that the RPM was off by 2/3 since it is meant for a V6 and I have a 4 banger. Found a little device that adjusts this.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
you may be able to swap the tach over.

I had a 91 Civic Dx that I fitted a 88 CRX Si tach to the cluster. 88-89 had a different cluster than 90-91, also the Civic Dx had no tach. It had water temp/fuel gauge in place of them, so I pulled them and installed custom gauges.

So basically, it might be bolt in, but you can fit anything.

Back