Brake lights wont work !!

KombatVirus

Reaction score
I just installed DEPO LED tail lights and they don't light up when braking ! I. Need help quick! I didn't do the install so I need in simple terms how to make it work

KombatVirus

Reaction score
I think it is an issue with the bulbs that have broken. Does anyone know what type of bulb goes into the brake lights? Also are the brake lights combined with the turn signal lights on DEPO LED tail lights?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I think it is an issue with the bulbs that have broken. Does anyone know what type of bulb goes into the brake lights? Also are the brake lights combined with the turn signal lights on DEPO LED tail lights?
The Depo LED rear brake lights use t20(7440) bulbs for rear reverse lights and turn signals. The DEPO LED use led's for the brake/parking lights. If the leds burn you either take them apart and have to resolder new leds or buy new ones. Check your connections though as you may be hooking them up wrong.

You can tell by just looking at them that they only accept bulbs in reverse/blinker locations.
http://www.2kracing.com/images/product_images/Spyder/rrr.jpg

3057's I think
Can anyone else confirm this?
For normal rear brake lights, YES, sylvania bulb guide is 100% correct.

Last edited:

KombatVirus

Reaction score
The LEDs are not burnt out because they do work when the car is turned on and the headlights are turned on.. However when braking, they do not become brighter or indicate a stop in any way, we think it could be something to do with the bulb, since when we put them back into the stock tails they would not light up when braking either.

Back