Brake lights wont work !!

619rcr

Reaction score
If the stock ones dont work either, probably stop lamp switch on brake pedal. Or wiring from stop lamp switch. Get a schematic diagram of the exterior llghts and multimeter and go over the wiring.

001Stunna

Reaction score
The third brake light is working , are the LEDs broken ?

If the stock ones dont work either, probably stop lamp switch on brake pedal. Or wiring from stop lamp switch. Get a schematic diagram of the exterior llghts and multimeter and go over the wiring.

If the third brake light is working but not the rear 2 on the tail lights then it is not the brake switch on the pedal. As the switch is making the upper one work. Seems you might need to do some checks on the wiring

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LEDs are not burnt out because they do work when the car is turned on and the headlights are turned on.. However when braking, they do not become brighter or indicate a stop in any way, we think it could be something to do with the bulb, since when we put them back into the stock tails they would not light up when braking either.

Can you upload a picture of the bulb. Make sure to take a picture of the base of the bulb also.

shyste

Reaction score
any updates from this thread!? lol i know its really old thread however my brake lights won't brighten when i hit the pedal but the third light does. I just switched my brake switch

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Did you take the stock control box (on the left outer wiring harness) out and replace it with the connector with the resistor on it?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
There was a little black box (has a circuit board inside it) attached to the harness of the driver side outer light area. My Depo LEDs came with a connector and what looks like a diode, that replaces the stock black box.

PIC of the grey connector with diode. I assume you will need this for proper operation.
ZoTkqLF.jpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
that thing shuts down the 'light out' indicator, I think, see what works with it installed and pull the light out of the cluster if it works.

Back