What'd you do to your accord today?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
It actually was a lot worse. It fits pretty good now. Just a little more work with heat gun and I'll be happy. I have primer on right now but before I put it on I use an adhesion promoter and a primer that is meant for plastics so hopefully this lasts quite a while. If it isn't too cold tonight I'll paint it. I really want to get the bumper on but it looks a million times better with this lip so I will wait
I see. Well, glad to hear that it's working out.

I had the shop paint the lip, so I'm no quite sure how exactly they prepped their paint job on my poly lip. But I was informed from this forum that it is very good idea to have the flex agent mixed in the paint. So, I told the shop to do so.

Yea, it's been cold lately.. Hope that you can be patient 'till the weather gets warmer soon. GL, man!

DizzyP

Reaction score
Accord in shop. Rolling a 2014 Dodge Avenger rental. I asked if they had a Dodge Transformer but they were out of stock. Not fun going down on power but the good news is Insurance is covering the whole shebang.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I see. Well, glad to hear that it's working out.

I had the shop paint the lip, so I'm no quite sure how exactly they prepped their paint job on my poly lip. But I was informed from this forum that it is very good idea to have the flex agent mixed in the paint. So, I told the shop to do so.

Yea, it's been cold lately.. Hope that you can be patient 'till the weather gets warmer soon. GL, man!

Started raining this morning but glad it cleared up so I was able to paint the lip today. I may mount it tomorrow but I am going to NissanFest and have some school work to do. I'll probably do it Monday if the weather is nice and I have the time. Really excited to get this finished

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Went to put the coupe bumper on and it's not even close to mounting. This front end swap has been a pain in the a$$ since the beginning. :squintrun:

Edit: it's the inspire foglights causing my issue. They stick out so far in the back they're hitting something so I gotta do some trimmimg

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Went to put the coupe bumper on and it's not even close to mounting. This front end swap has been a pain in the a$$ since the beginning. :squintrun:

Edit: it's the inspire foglights causing my issue. They stick out so far in the back they're hitting something so I gotta do some trimmimg

I was about to say, it should have went right on. Glad you're back on your way though bud!

DizzyP

Reaction score
Wishing I had it. It's in the shop. Perfect night in SacTown for a back road drive. Clear sky's with plenty of stars to see and crescent moon is bright.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Back