Rear strut bar?

jdmgear

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to modify a front strut bar and use it as a rear strut bar? I don't believe that they even make a rear one. There are many of the rear sway applications. If not I guess I'll attempt to make one. And post some pics.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can use an adjustable rear b or c-pillar bar from a DA Integra to connect between the seatbelt harness mounting points in your car. A rear strut bar that would actually connect from the rear strut mounts would go right through the rear deck and part of the rear seats.

jdmgear

Reaction score
Thanks,
I found what your talking about, but I want to try to keep it looking clean instead of having a bar above my rear seats. Right know I have the Eibach front strut bar with is not straight it bends outward towards the front of the car. I wonder if I could get other Eibach strut Bar and try to make it fit with the rear application. So instead of the bar facing foward it would be reversed and be bent towards the truck lid?? I hope this makes sense. Does anyone know if the C-pillar helps that much in handling (notice the difference)?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well you could always take it out when you don't need it in there. It'd take all of about 5 minutes.

jdmgear

Reaction score
Yea, I could do that but the problem is that I always drive like I'm taking corners in a 240sx LOL. Do you have this mod done? Notice a difference?

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I asked this on the old 6th gen forum, and everyone told me that it would stick out, but maybe you could do the thing with the front bar in the rear. Let us know how it goes.

phat2k2accord

Reaction score
J's racing made a smail amout of c pillar bars for the 6th gen, i saw them on accordinglydone forums , thay were 125 shipped but i couldnt find any when i was gonna do it.? but i will try doing the DA integra one for the heck of it..maybe u could musure out the front strurt bar and order a cheap ebay one and mod it to fit?

jdmgear

Reaction score
:( Sorry bro but that bar won't fit the 4dr and the mounting points are 51" wide compaired to the adjustable 42" to 44" bar for the civic.

When I have some time I'll try to make my own with a modified front strut bar or call Comptechs R&D/machine shop and pay $500 :eek: for a custom made one LOL :D

Back