Rear strut bar?

klee

Reaction score
A friend of mine has on installed in his 6thgen coupe. It's much easier to mount in the coupe since the seat bolts are exposed versus our sedans which are behind the seat cushions. A major pain.

jdmgear

Reaction score
Yea it seems like a pain but what I am trying to do is go from strut to strut (that's why they call it a rear strut bar ;). The mounting point on the seat belt is more of an application for a c-pillar and does not help stiffen the struts. :D

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I am no engineer but I would guess the mounts for the struts are as strong or stronger than mounting something to the strut. Why not just have someone weld in a bar? It won't be removeable but should do the same thing (which is about nothing, the whole back seat area is a big strut bar).

Also look into and "ikea brace". It is basically a big *** peice of sheet metal that fills in the openings behind the seats. It is the same idea as cheap ikea furnature that needs a board on the back to keep things from collapsing. Another cheapish alternative.

Fuzz

Reaction score
go right ahead, waste all your time on something so pointless.

What is pointless, the track car or the strut bar?

lol

Btw... Talk about Thread Res lol

Don't waste time on a Strut bar, just get a rear sway bar. What other mods have you done to your accord.

I'm going to be posting pics of my Accord soon in the Members Rides along with my favourite track shots.

Back