best kelvin for fog lights ?

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
im more concerned about light output then color except i dont want yellow fogs
i was looking into 4300k 5000k and 7000k

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
its those hid lookalike bulbs u kno like nokya or piaa. na i wouldnt want to put an actual hid kit down there. i think the 12000k on the headlights is enough.
something brighter than oem since 4300k is stock the set i had me eyes one are luminics 5150k or nokya 7000k

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If your going to actually make use of your fog lights get yellow ones. It cuts through the fog the best.

jaron001

Reaction score
i have retrofitted fogs in 3000k and they have got to be the brightest ever next i would say 4300k i mean the purpose of the fogs is for the visability in bad weather the higher you go the worst they are going to be you will thank your self if u got the 3k and got some serious fog snow heavy rain or on dark *** roads

just my 2 cents tho

finch13

Reaction score
i have retrofitted fogs in 3000k and they have got to be the brightest ever next i would say 4300k i mean the purpose of the fogs is for the visability in bad weather the higher you go the worst they are going to be you will thank your self if u got the 3k and got some serious fog snow heavy rain or on dark *** roads

just my 2 cents tho

This post is full of WIN!

3000K will you give you the best depth perception and and contrast between objects, this is why fog lights were yellow to begin with.

4300K is OEM temperature and is the whitest light you can get. This is sunlight.

6000K is the max I would go. Your eye cannot process blue light like it can others. This is why blue usually appears fuzzy on dark backgrounds. Don't believe me? Start writing blue text on a black background in Word, it won't be very readable.

If 6000K HIDs + halogen high beams is anything like 6000K HIDs + 3000K fogs, go for it. I love driving with a mixture of two light temperatures.

Back