best kelvin for fog lights ?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I used to have 4300K in my fogs, and yes I mean HID's. Ya know what I did after I got in my accident? I ordered 3000K instead cus they're right, the yellow fogs are best. So when I get a new pair of fog to replace the broken ones, I'll be using the appropriate kelvin.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Don't get HID's in your fogs.
Just get some yellow bulbs.

But if you do decide to get em, make sure they're the same kelvin as the headlights.

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
i purchased nokya 2500k hyper yellow... i dont kno if im gonna like the combo of the colors deep purple hids n yellow fogs but i actually wana use my fog lights.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
i purchased nokya 2500k hyper yellow... i dont kno if im gonna like the combo of the colors deep purple hids n yellow fogs but i actually wana use my fog lights.

You shouldn't have purple HID's
The lighting output will not be great.

Here's my Accord and Grand Cherokee
Both with 7000K HID's and yellow fogs

img0144do0.jpg

img0142kq3.jpg

jaron001

Reaction score
This post is full of WIN!

3000K will you give you the best depth perception and and contrast between objects, this is why fog lights were yellow to begin with.

4300K is OEM temperature and is the whitest light you can get. This is sunlight.

6000K is the max I would go. Your eye cannot process blue light like it can others. This is why blue usually appears fuzzy on dark backgrounds. Don't believe me? Start writing blue text on a black background in Word, it won't be very readable.

If 6000K HIDs + halogen high beams is anything like 6000K HIDs + 3000K fogs, go for it. I love driving with a mixture of two light temperatures.

:thumbsup: i have 6000k lights for the tsx prjectors and they mix nice with the fogs

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
that blue yellow mix is nice, but the ricer inside me came out when i purchased the purple. i didnt even want yellow fogs because everyone has em i even purchased the 01-03 civic fogs smoked so they match the headlights when there off but like i said im actually trynna see better

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

LOL.....you actually want to use your fogs, yet you have purple HIDs. Switch to a lower k temp and you'll be much happier. I'd recommend 4300k - 6000k max.

Back