finally 6spd swap done! (pics included)

redhondapwns

Reaction score
Hey guys so as you all know my transmission was on it's way out. The old tranny had about 194k which was original! So i figured since i gotta replace it might aswell get the 6spd done. I spent about $2000 on the project so far, that's not including the wiring harness. Im still driving the car without it.

I used an 05 honda accord tranny. with my old half shaft, and axels. put a new rear main seal cause it had a small leak before. bought a brand new oem clutch for the 05 accord 6spd. that all bolted to the motor.

*All work was done by my brother-in-law with the help of my hands..lol. he was the mad mechanic that did the build with me. It was all done in Hollywood, Florida. I drove the car there and drove back 6spd.*

Here are some pics of what i took.. after awhile i stopped cause my hands were to greasy to touch the new camera.

DSCN0001-1.jpg

From auto^

DSCN0059.jpg

To 6spd! ^

DSCN0002-1.jpg

The car on the lift along with the mad mechanic^

DSCN0003-1.jpg

Rims and axels off ^

DSCN0005-1.jpg

Transmission comming down off the engine. ^

DSCN0007-1.jpg

Had to wait for my clutch kit to arrive so i could put in the new tranny. ^

DSCN0008-1.jpg

Old tranny^

DSCN0009-1.jpg

The 6spd!^

DSCN0016.jpg

no tranny.. just motor. ^

DSCN0036.jpg

Brand new oem clutch!

DSCN0061-1.jpg

The outcome ^

DSCN0060.jpg

close up ^

RSCN0067.jpg

I have officially been pimped by my brother-in-law. and that's his sc300 sitting next to the accord..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Congrats on the swap, considering a P-Spec short shifter in the future as well?

How do you find driving with the 6spd on the stock motor?

DaAccord98

Reaction score
nice swap, if i would of kept my 4dr 6thgen i would of done it 2... prolly the CL-S Engine with the 6Spd:ownedrun:

redhondapwns

Reaction score
Congrats on the swap, considering a P-Spec short shifter in the future as well?

How do you find driving with the 6spd on the stock motor?

i might do a short shifter later on.. i just want to save up for the wiring harness and then tires.. cause man u can chirp second wayy too easy!

and i love it. feels faster.. just doesn't pull that hard after 4th. 6th gear roll ons are nice... no need to drop down in gear if ur doing about 70-80.

just wish i had a working speedo!

i wanna try and keep the orginal motor.. besides I already did the water pump and timing belt so it has alot of life to just throw away for the 3.2 type s motor. lol

and i don't have much of a parts list. i got most of my parts from a salvage yard. they still had the whole car there on the site and i told them what i wanted and needed from it. but i spent about $1000 in just parts. and i was missing a few things.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
and i love it. feels faster.. just doesn't pull that hard after 4th. 6th gear roll ons are nice... no need to drop down in gear if ur doing about 70-80.

just wish i had a working speedo!

Which is where the J32 etc, I guess have some of their benefits as well.

Isn't that illegal?

redhondapwns

Reaction score
Which is where the J32 etc, I guess have some of their benefits as well.

Isn't that illegal?

not having a speedo? im not quite sure. i try and stay with the flow of traffic. and i do have a gps that tells me how fast im going. so i could always just use that. just gotta wire it up everytime i get in the car and take it all down.. would be more of a pain.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I know here it's illegal not to have a working speedometer, although the likelihood of a police officer checking that is very low, unless they saw wires hanging out, or the gauge cluster missing completely.

redhondapwns

Reaction score
naw the gauge cluster is there... everything is looks like it came out looking factory.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Wish I could find someone around here to do this swap. I have one place I may check out but I was hoping to find someone who had done this exact job before.

Congrats on the swap. So are you going to get the speedo fixed so it functions?

Get that shift boot fixed up. :thumbsup:

Back