painted my calipers...........AGAIN!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well, i redid my calipers... used to be yellow, now they're glossy back... 1 coat of primer, sanded down the primer with 400 grid sandpaper, 3 light coats of hi-heat spray... it's a 90 min job (for one caliper), so dun expect anything great or quality close to powdercoating

160267_286_full.jpg

2. with rims on
160267_287_full.jpg

btw, i had a hard time getting my rims off... in one of the holes, i could barely get my lug-nug remover thingy (forgot the name lol :p) into the hole... scraped a lil around the wall... any ideas?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^wat's tht? the rubber portion of the caliper?... one on top, one on the bottom? i think i painted the bottom one, but not the top one tho.... i painted them before, and i had no prob... basically, i painted whatever i painted last time :D

also, i never had the problem with my lug nuts till now... i could easily take off my lug nuts till today... no idea why... dun think my rim is bent tho

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yup... prep, primer, 3 coats of paint.... and 12 mins in between sprays

it's also a biatch to jack my car up :eek:

talonted1990

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
well, i redid my calipers... used to be yellow, now they're glossy back... 1 coat of primer, sanded down the primer with 400 grid sandpaper, 3 light coats of hi-heat spray... it's a 90 min job (for one caliper), so dun expect anything great or quality close to powdercoating

Looks good. I think I am going to powdercoat mine(calipers) after I finish cleaning under the hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
looks good man. i wanna redo my drums in the back, of course ill paint them black, but i wanna do the front calipers in either white or black, what would you guys suggest?

Back