Help Me Fix Up My Car!!!

sukmoonhyun

Reaction score
Hi i currently have a 01' 2dr v6 and i want to make it faster... its bone stock right now... all i have is a system ( 3 12's and amp), blacked out headlights ( which was homemade). I think i should start with a intake but i'd rather do something else rather then a intake. I was thinking about getting this V6 AEM TRU-POWER PULLEY KIT or some new headers. I was wondering if someone can list a number of parts i should get and if possible in chronilogical order.

thank you

ktz_04

Reaction score
basic common mod

intake/headers/exhaust

it'l give you extra speed

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
first of all. The logical steps when it comes to modding for me, is to do suspension first. . Also you can improve handling and appearance on our cars alot more than you can improve pefrormance of the engine. So I find it alot more satisfying to take care of handling first, exterior second, and engine last. Its better to have a slow car that can handle and looks good, than an ugly lifted car that makes a bunch of noise and is still slow.

for a V6 these are the mods, recommended brands id do, and the order.

disclaimer: our cars are engineered for comfort and quiteness for communting or hauling the family around, our cars are not race cars. So any mods you do will sacrifce that comfort for performance. It will take buckets of money for quality parts to make your car perorm how you like and not break down. its up to you if you want to sacrifce. suspension will most likely be bumpier, engine mods will probably lose low end and get annoyingly loud, and inevitably your cars transmission will blow up when you drive hard, nothing you can do about it,maybe delay it, but its inevitable.

step 1: suspension

springs: neuspeed, eibach, H &r, tein

shocks: koni yellows, tokico illuminas, bilstein

sleeve coilover: ground control, skunk 2

full coilover: tein basic, tein ss, omnipower, tanabe

strut bar: comptech, neuspeed, oem tl-s

sway bars: comptech, eibach, suspension techniques, oem tl-s

camber kit:spc, ignalls

wheels: whatever tickles your fancy, but no CHROME no matter what. Also remmeber the bigger and heavier your wheels, the more itll slow you down, so if you plan on doing performance mods, dont get heavy wheels thatll just cancel all the gains you got. same goes for a bigass bumpin system, all the weight will just cancel any gains. You gotta choose one or the other, blinging rims and boomin system, or a fast car. choose wisely.

step 2: appearance (for a v6 coupe)

lip kit: mugen, type r

body kit: personally id never deal with body kits (ask shavedaccord and he'll let you know why)

headlights: hid retrofit (custom), tyc, DIY blackhouse

tails: tinted, tyc

carbon fiberchood/ trunk: seibon, vis

spoiler: oem, m3 lip spoiler, APC :eek:, no spoiler (my favorite)

Step 3: Engine

intake: comptech ice box, aem v2, injen

headers: comptech, dc sports, meagan

exhaust: comptech , magnaflow, apexi ws, greddy evo

pulley: unorthodx racing crank pulley, DO NOT DO ACCESRROY PULLEYS = no gains, just engine bling.

cams: oem cl-s, gude

forced induction: zex wet ntirous kit, comptech supercharger, turbo (custom)

ECU tuning: greddy e-manage, unichip, apexi vafc, JET reflash

swap: cl-s j32a2 swap/ 6 speed transmission swap (260 hp)

transmission (V6's achillie's heel): Dr. Evil built automatic tranny, CLS 6 speed swap, stock tranny w/ tranny cooler.

this is all i got off the top of my head, IMO this is the best method to attack modding. take it or leave it. I think its better than flying by the seat of your pants, arbitrarily buying radnom parts, and getting nothing done. THere should be a method to your madness. If you wanna do your own research and not take other peoples word.

check out v6performance.net
before you post anything SEARCH and READ, READ as much as you can, read till your eyeballs are sore, and when you think youre done reading, read some more.

If you cant find what you need at that forum, then you dont deserve to have a computer. :D

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
also for body kits, the kaminari looks awesome, but i think it only fits the 98-00's? cuz of the bumper style. for tail lights, you can also take your car to a body shop and have them shave the middle tail light off, cuz it looks awesome without it, but thatll cost a couple bucks. and heres some info from v6p about the motor swap, pretty much all/any of the swaps you can do into a 6th gen.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54261

Back