SRS Light

LG122

Reaction score
Noob here. My SRS light came on and the manuel said to take it to the dealership to have it checked it out. Are they gonna charge me anything?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably a diagnostics fee plus whatever else if they have to fix it and its not under warranty.

Jeffro

Reaction score
LG122 said:
Noob here. My SRS light came on and the manuel said to take it to the dealership to have it checked it out. Are they gonna charge me anything?

If it's your seatbelt, they won't charge you. If its your airbags, have your bank account ready...

P.S. See my discussion about this: Clicky

I had 2 on the same day... My car was a switch in the seatbelt (free) and my wife's Odyssey was the SRS control unit (Around $900).

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I think wht he mean't is that if it's a freak occurance the reset will let you know. Mine came on, never came back after the reset. Same with "sensor low voltage" CEL's, it's a one time occurance.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I think waht he meant is that if it's a freak occurance the reset will let you know. Mine came on, never came back after the reset. Same with "sensor low voltage" CEL's, it's a one time occurance.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying for me. :D Thats what I meant. Mine came on after I had to remove the seat, and after I reset the light, it stayed off.

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
The light came on in my gen 5 wagon and I followed instructions to clear it, and the light stayed off :)

Hopefully I can find english instructions for my 6th gen in case it happens to that car. Otherwise I gotta learn to read Japanese :(

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, just clear it. I've had to do it about 5 times now for misc things. Just memorize the directions as it can be very frustrating to read and do it at the same time. That said, if you still have problems, you need to take your car to the dealer. And i know on later accords, i don't know if applies to all 6th gens but a sensor can fail the dealer will replace for free. It's limited, not sure why its not an offical recall. But it's pretty much the same thing if this is the case. You should have recieved notification though honda if it applies to your car though.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
mine came on after I was unplugging crap and running wires a while ago in my car, reset it and it never came back.

the srs light is fickle and it seems the most insignificant thing can set that bastard off in our cars.

clear it, if it comes back, then go to the dealership. if not, you just saved at least $60 to have someone else do something that takes 2 minutes.

Back