Dirty Alloy wheels

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
Hi all...

So my wheels are pretty dirty. Most of it doesn't come off with just water and soap. It kinda looks like a salt stain...maybe corrosion? I don't know, I'm new to the whole car maintenance thing.

So what would you guys recommend to clean off my wheels? My mom said softscrub, but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

Also...do you guys have opinions on accessories that EVERY car should have?

Thanks,
Virt.

Browntown

Reaction score
You could try buying wheel cleaner at the local PepBoys, or just use something like SimpleGreen to get all the dirt and other stuff out. If they are pretty bad, then you might just want to take them off and repaint them (sand, filler, prime, paint).... that would get you the best results.

As far as accessories go.... a good stereo is a must have. you don't need subs and amps.... just a good head unit and a good set of replacement speakers to improve sound quality. Other than that.... it just depends on what you want from your car.

minituck04

Reaction score
yeah for billet wheels it kicks ***. cuz taking 3hrs to polish wheels every friday sucks. so it took all the road grime off in the time it takes you to spray all four wheels. so your not sitting there waisting your time. but yeah that **** i swear by.

Ajaxn2

Reaction score
the hot rims stuff is what i use on my ride and also on my van. It works really well!!!

Long live the Meguiars

minituck04

Reaction score
see. virtuosity. the proof is in the pudding. you will not be dissapointed in htis product. i promise or your money back

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
minituck04 said:
see. virtuosity. the proof is in the pudding. you will not be dissapointed in htis product. i promise or your money back

A guarantee? Can't go wrong with that :D

Meguiars it is!

6.49....no shipping. Can't go wrong!

Er...3.95 for shipping :( 10.80$

Last edited:
Back