Effects of Lowering

WillT.

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get some new springs for my coupe for some time now. However, I am a little hesitant as to whether or not they will cause any problems down the road. Right now I am at around 60k miles. I'm just worried that when I get to that 100k or 150k mark there might be some issues.
If I get a new setup, then it will be either the Eibach Pro-Kits or the H&R Sports. I will also get new shocks-probably Illuminas.
So, I guess my question is: Are there any known side effects that come with lowering?

Jeffro

Reaction score
Remember to keep an eye on your alignment/camber is the important thing... And things in the road...
drunkvq9.gif

silencer

Reaction score
-scrapping the bottom of your car more often than usual, or...
-try your best to go through the bump without scrapping

there will be places your car can't go anymore if you want to keep your bumpers in full shape. There are many places here I can't go because the angle is just too great and i'm afraid to scrap my car even more

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, scraping, like that damn sign in the middle of the road i ran over tonight, haha, it was funny tho, saw alot of sparks fly out behind my car, haha, so lowering will add a few visual effects to your life as well, haha. you will need an alignment after you lower your car. i dont care what anyone says, if it doesnt look like you have camber, you will prolly have toe, which is worse (in my book). so keep in mind that youll need a couple bucks for after you lower your car to get it aligned. and keep an eye out for bumps. i hit the pothole of all potholes last week when i went to philly, haha, oh man, i thought i shot the whole shock assembly thru my hood.

du3ce

Reaction score
you wont scrape with h&r sports and you dont have a body kit or lip kit so theres no worrying about that.

WillT.

Reaction score
Haha, thanks for the warnings. What about any parts wearing out or additional stess(if any) being added to other parts of the suspension?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nothin else to really worry about. just tire wear from lack of alignment, haha. after you lower it and align it, youll be good and worry free :) happy lowering haha.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
nothin else to really worry about. just tire wear from lack of alignment, haha. after you lower it and align it, youll be good and worry free :) happy lowering haha.

And don't forget that if you get to lowering it a lot (because you like it so much) you might need to look into a camber kit, but for lighter drops, it can generally be adjusted properly without one :thumbsup:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Jeffro said:
And don't forget that if you get to lowering it a lot (because you like it so much) you might need to look into a camber kit, but for lighter drops, it can generally be adjusted properly without one :thumbsup:

yea, that is true. my friend lowered his v6 coupe, and doesnt have a camber kit or anything, and his alignment worked out.

i put a ingalls front camber kit on my car cuz i noticed i had alot of front camber. i havent added any camber kit to the rear cuz tire wear is fine.

WillT.

Reaction score
OK, thanks. I appreciate the replies. I'm not looking to slam the car, I just want a subtle drop of about 1 to 1.5 inches.

Back