Need opinions on what to do

klee

Reaction score
In short, my family is getting a little pissed at me for racing my only car in the Auto Cross events. I have a few options I have been thinking about. My Accord is getting a bit old. It's a '98 with 128K miles on it. I can either A.) trade the car in for something a little more trackable such as an RSX, Prelude, Subaru, etc., or B.) keep the car for work transportation and pick up a second car such as an older 89 civic hatch or integ strictly for race. The problem with the second option is I live in an apartment and the storage/price ratio is a bit hard to come by.

acrod99

Reaction score
Hmm...RSX's are pretty sick. I'm thinking trade-in. Just my .02

Muyo

Reaction score
Integra Type S or Prelude, either one has a lot of potential.

okasu

Reaction score
yessir get the type s... Im thinking about already going to trade my **** in... I have begun saving... I think Im going to stop hooking up my ride and just sell it.

klee

Reaction score
I had a feeling everyone would say trade it in. My '98 Accord's J. Lo booty is plain frustrating to race. It can be done. The 2004 Solo champ won in a 99 EX Accord but it's difficult to do. I need something a little more trackable, more power, and more torque. S2000 is probably a bit out of my range unless I get a used one. I haven't done much research on the performance specs between a Prelude SH (H22A) versus a RSX (K20A) both with 200 horses but an educated guess, I would think the RSX weighs less and has a 6-speed versus a heavy 5-speed prelude. Prelude SH has ATTS, does the RSX have a LSD?? Man, I need to find some time to read this stuff.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i would normally say keep your accord, because its always nice to know that if you break something while racing that you still have a daily driver to fall back on, but if you don't have the space then yeah you're looking at trading it in lol.

and i don't know why, i have no technical data to back it up, but to me the rsx seems like it would be better balanced and handle better than the prelude

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
keep the accord IMO.... get a eg hatch for race purposes... B16 swaps are pretty affordable, and with suspension upgrades, u're golden :D

acrod99

Reaction score
The type r over in japan has an lsd. I dunno if the type s does over here. A JDM conversion would be sick, even if it's just the lsd. This or an EG :D

klee

Reaction score
I had a '93 EG Hatch and a '94 EG coupe last year. I had to sell both due to the lack of space. Now I am regretting that I sold the hatch. I could of used it for race. The only problem, still no space to store it and knowing if I leave it parked outside, fools will try to jack it.

Back