Need opinions on what to do

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
klee said:
I had a '93 EG Hatch and a '94 EG coupe last year. I had to sell both due to the lack of space. Now I am regretting that I sold the hatch. I could of used it for race. The only problem, still no space to store it and knowing if I leave it parked outside, fools will try to jack it.

just don't do any exterior mods.... let the outside look stock, put in a good alarm system, and build up the suspension and motor ... tht might lower the possibility of the car being jacked

klee

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
just don't do any exterior mods.... let the outside look stock, put in a good alarm system, and build up the suspension and motor ... tht might lower the possibility of the car being jacked

For sure. I don't do body kits or anything like that when it comes to race. It would be a waste of money. Last friday a guy with a decent body kit on his 2004 Maxima smacked a cone pretty hard. That little cone broke the front lip in half. Absolute waste. Also, another guy with an M3 tore off the front end on a concrete light pole. Apparently he spun out and tried to recover by applying full throttle rather than the brakes. So much for that car. I would imagine the guy could possibly be banned from racing anywhere in So Cal.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I believe the SH Prelude has a LSD. I've seen a couple 5 spd. SH's around, also. The only drawback is indeed the weight of the thing. I don't think its much lighter than our 6th gens.

cdubb77

Reaction score
I would just get another Civic hatch and hook that mofo up and keep the Accord for daily driving and figure out the parking situation somehow. I know it's easier said than done though.

Hush

Reaction score
klee said:
Also, another guy with an M3 tore off the front end on a concrete light pole. Apparently he spun out and tried to recover by applying full throttle rather than the brakes. So much for that car. I would imagine the guy could possibly be banned from racing anywhere in So Cal.

for an FR car to gain back contral you want to gas not break, breaking would make the car spin out ever more. unlike FF cars where break regains contral for us. FR cars alot more different then people think, my friends S2000 likes to tail whip alot, just letting the gas go when you coner. but back the the point, the RSX type S here doesn't have LSD no matter what, unless you change it youself. unless you getting a brand new 06 model, or you can always get the new civic SI it has the same motor as the Type S and has LSD tanny already and Nav. the reason why the Type S is better is cuz it has I-Vtec, which will change where the power comes in. but you will never get full vtec till around 5000+RPM, I-Vtec just helps out a little, becuase the RSX is like S2000s and have no power till Vtec kicks in. to bad you can't get an TSX, its a fun car to have. pretty much its the same as an RSX but its a 4 door, so insurce would be cheaper, the draw back is it is a little heavy. theirs a Skunk 2 TSX track car that eats M3s for lunch on the track. the only reason you would get a lude SH is becuase parts would be cheaper, but its getting out of date. Vtec will die out and everything will go to I-Vtec. even the new NSX is going to be a V10 I-Vtec with super handling all wheel drive.

djpm05

Reaction score
get a bike. I am keeping my accord for a daily driver, and getting a hayabusa for speed and fun weekend ride. :)

acrod99

Reaction score
^^Hayabusa?! Dang-hit 220 for me! Haha.
Oh, and driving a FR car is way different, but i've never done autocross, just drifting. I 'drifted' for 2 winters with my accord, and now i've been drifting on tar and snow in my bimmer, and everything is the exact opposite-but not hard to get used to at all. Also, the new civic is drive-by-wire, so that sucks for tuning.

klee

Reaction score
Hush said:
for an FR car to gain back contral you want to gas not break, breaking would make the car spin out ever more. unlike FF cars where break regains contral for us. FR cars alot more different then people think, my friends S2000 likes to tail whip alot, just letting the gas go when you coner.

I can understand your point "if" that M3 was nowhere next to a pole and say out on an open track but the point fails when the guy attempted to recover by full throttle when he was already directly headed to the pole with less than 50 feet to attempt this.

Yeah, the Prelude does appear to be outdated.

klee

Reaction score
If anyone was curious about the performance specs between a 2001 Prelude SH and a 2002 RSX Type S (all from Edmunds.com):

Prelude:
Performance
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.2 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 122 ft.
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 200 hp
Max Horsepower: 7000 rpm Torque: 156 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 5250 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Weight: 3042lbs

RSX:
Performance
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.7 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 128 ft.
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 200 hp
Max Horsepower: 7400 rpm Torque: 142 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 6000 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Weight: 2766lbs!!

Back