Spacer rings...

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
Are spacer rings used with the stock speaker bracket or do they replace the stock bracket?

xluben

Reaction score
just cut out the back of the stock speaker bracket and then it is a spacer ring :)

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
xluben said:
just cut out the back of the stock speaker bracket and then it is a spacer ring :)

Tried that. The "basket" of the speaker is too big to fit in the stock bracket. Picked up a set ED 6000 v.2's just in case anyone has any experience with putting them in our doors.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
do you have access to making a ring? like a router and some mdf and stuff? most aftermarket spacer rings are too small. at least the ones i got were waaaay to small for the components i have...then again, i have european speakers so they use CM instead of inches to measure them...so theyre more like 6.75"

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
ryan s said:
do you have access to making a ring? like a router and some mdf and stuff? most aftermarket spacer rings are too small. at least the ones i got were waaaay to small for the components i have...then again, i have european speakers so they use CM instead of inches to measure them...so theyre more like 6.75"

Naw dude I don't. Everytime I see ur sig I think "Dont Get Eliminated!" lol. MXC is hilarious.

xluben

Reaction score
ShaunBLAZE said:
Tried that. The "basket" of the speaker is too big to fit in the stock bracket. Picked up a set ED 6000 v.2's just in case anyone has any experience with putting them in our doors.

is it a 6.5" speaker?

my first set fit fine (with the cut out back)

but my current set i had to cut out another chunk to get the crossover/speaker connections to fit.

or you can just screw the speaker directly to the sheet metal (with some weatherstripping in between), but the window could hit the magnet.

if you don't have the tools to make and MDF ring looks here:

http://www.able-audio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=c6dc9305d3f7ba686df5220b80cec2bc

6.5" ring (pair)

http://www.able-audio.com/shop/prod...d=170&osCsid=c6dc9305d3f7ba686df5220b80cec2bc

6.5" ring (pair) <- large cutout, 1/2" larger, might be what you need:

http://www.able-audio.com/shop/prod...id=32&osCsid=c6dc9305d3f7ba686df5220b80cec2bc

prices are fairly reasonable, but if you had the tools and a scrap of mdf you could do it for free.

know anyone with a router + circle jig?

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the links. That might be what I have to do. No I don't know anyone has the tools, unfortunately I've only been in Atlanta since September so I don't know to many people yet.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ShaunBLAZE said:
Naw dude I don't. Everytime I see ur sig I think "Dont Get Eliminated!" lol. MXC is hilarious.
:rofl: i love that show...which reminds me...i forgot it was friday and i missed the afternoon marathon :mad:

how deep are your speakers? measure from the bottom of the magnet to the bottom of the mounting flange. that way, we can tell you how much spacing you need, or if it will even clear the window.

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
ryan s said:
:rofl: i love that show...which reminds me...i forgot it was friday and i missed the afternoon marathon :mad:

how deep are your speakers? measure from the bottom of the magnet to the bottom of the mounting flange. that way, we can tell you how much spacing you need, or if it will even clear the window.

The speakers are 3 inches deep.

Back