capacitors

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
how does a capacitor work exactly? and do you HAVE to have an amp to properly operate a capacitor. i think it goes BATTERY - CAPACITOR - AMP.

it wouldn't work any other way such as to the headunit or something would it?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Capacitor is basically another battery, stores the energy until it's released. And yes it's Battery - Cap - Amp..and no you can't hook it up to your head unit...why would you want too anyways?

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You don't even really need a cap if you got a decent battery and not running a massive amp

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
I am running a 1000W sub amp with no cap. I had bad luck with caps. Had one in my old car and it busted, had crap everywhere. But ya, cap is just nice to keep your lights from dimming bad. Otherwise, just get a yellow top optima.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
those capacitors will help you even if your system is not massive

one way it will help is it will eliminate your headlights from dimming every time bass hits

I know only because my distant friend fixedd his dimms by installing a cap also because my system has no cap and I get dimming lights from a 300w amp and 500w sub

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I have a yellow top optima...800:1 mono PG Titanium AMP which is a true 800watts..my lights do not dim at all even with everything on. Caps are NOT always needed. Upgrade your charging system correctly and you'll be fine. It's better to invest into an optima battery than a cap.

cg6boi

Reaction score
i have a yellow top optima and im gonna run a kinetic battery when i get my system and a cap just cuz they look pretty haha

Back