capacitors

eggyhustles

Reaction score
caps are the BIGGEST waste of money ever..all they do is hide the problem..if you wanna beef up the electrical the cheapest first thing to do is the big 3..then a battery..you won't need a high output altenator(sp?) unless you're running 1600+ watts..

tnguyen600

Reaction score
I have a capacitor that I bought off of ebay not too long ago...didn't really help. Sometimes my lights would flicker/dim then other times it would be fine.

After I put in my JL 1000/1 V2, everything was fine hahah it has the "Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply system" which according to JL, "As your battery voltage fluctuates while you drive, the Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply™ system maintains steady, consistent power at any impedance between 1.5 and 4 ohms and at any voltage between 11 and 14.4 volts."

get a good battery or dedicated battery such as oddysey drycells, and do the big three. you should be fine imo

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
agreed...

why do you need an upgraded battery if the car is able to run without a battery to begin with? its only function is to start the car and provide power when the engine isnt running. ugh these noobs...

as was said before, a cap wont do miracles but it helps...it helps the amp out which does nothing but good.

if you want a huge system, either get quality products and go from there...or if youre going really big, just get a high output alternator from the start. if you don't know the upgrade path from there for high-draw products, you shouldnt be working on the car.

class d and t amps are extremely efficient to begin with, so they need to draw less to make power...

dynasty

Reaction score
i guess my luck just ran out. i think i blew both of my amps. both fuse didn't pop but both amps didn't turn on anymore. JL e4300 and my other cheapo amp (for the subs). roar!

dynasty

Reaction score
SIKE! tested out the amp and everything was okay. found out it was just a bad grounding. roar! stupid Vibe amp. haha.

i'm going to do the grounding wire first, if not then i'm buying a capacitor.

Back