Tweeter enclosures

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people do tweeter enclosures on the panel right inside the mirror, does anyone sell these pre-made or do you have to custom fab them?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
You just used the supplied angle mount that came with your component set, it's a 5 minute job. Although I wouldn't put them there.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Wildman said:
lol are you agreeing with the first or second part?

on a side note, im pretty impressed by the staging without having a tweeter up high. the sound "comes from" the vents just like with the stock speakers. if youre going to do components, move the tweeters around and see where they sound best :)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
ryan s said:
lol are you agreeing with the first or second part?

on a side note, im pretty impressed by the staging without having a tweeter up high. the sound "comes from" the vents just like with the stock speakers. if youre going to do components, move the tweeters around and see where they sound best :)

both. i'm putting my tweeters in the sail panels but that's not b/c i think its the best place. signal paths aren't going to be at all close to equal with the tweeters in the sail panels.

then again my HU has time delay so I can try to negate most of it, but still lol

CHID0

Reaction score
may not be the best place but I like em where i have em....sounds really good and i think it looks good too:

Accord07.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I would rather leave them in the dash, but that poses the problems of A) wiring and B) that would place the tweeter way far away from the mid. Eventually, I would like to move both the mid + tweeter to the dash, but that would be a bigger pain in the *** than I am willing to go through right now

Some people like kickpanels / kickpods too, but there's a few things I don't like about that. For one, I wouldn't enjoy having the soundstage coming from my feet. And second, I know my legs would block the signal on the driver's side (because I have that problem with the door speaker).

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the "bestest" place would be to make an enclosure right on the a-pillar above the defrost vent for both the tweet and mid...but...whos going to do that? lol

the only problem i have with the stock tweeter location is the reflections off the windshield since it creates a delay in the waves path to your ears. you can hear it at certain frequencies with the stock speakers.

practically speaking, the best place (if youre keeping the speakers in the doors) would depend on the tweeter itself. for example, you dont point metal domes at your ears...that hurts lol. those would be ok in the sail panel, door panel (like chido) or if they are very harsh, your speaker might have the option to mount them to the midwoofer cone itself (mb quart speakers have this, for example). then you can set the crossovers at -6db to turn the level down. mount metal tweeters away from places that can reflect sound :)

silk or soft-domes would be great (imo) in a custom molded a-pillar pod, since they are less harsh and would theoretically agree with your ears more :)

ill give you my honest opinion...ive got some infinity metal dome coax's in my car now (they were free and NIB, bring the flames :p ) and they HURT to listen to at loud volumes. i cant aim them down or forwards, and i have the HIGH setting at -1 as opposed to the stock speaker set at +3 on my pioneer. so even at their low position the soundstage is almost equal to stock, but the tweeter is really harsh. if your component set has a tweeter that sounds like this, youll want it aimed away from you lol.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
^^^

That is the reason why I miss my bimmer.
The mids & tweets were high in the door.

The only thing I didn't like was the rear mids were only 5" speakers

Back