6thgenaccord's 2001 4cyl sedan (56k)

6genaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been MIA for awhile but still around. Busy finishing up school and now out in the real world looking for a job. Just thought I'd post up a recent picture of the car. I've missed the last couple of meets I planned on going to, which I'm really disappointed about... but life happens sometimes...

Anyway, just wanted to say what up to everyone again and I didn't lose the love for the Accord. And sorry for falling off the face of the earth...

photoshoot soon...

4326_1115913062838_1377300305_30530478_874907_n.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN1662.jpg

Exterior:
Full Wings West W-Type Kit
1998 Front Sedan Bumper
BaySpeedAero CF Hood w/locking pins
Replica Type-R Sedan Fiberglass Grill Insert
Serona Rear Window Wing
DIY Black Housed Head lights w/amber strip
DIY Cleared Rear Tail lights

Interior:
Tenzo-R Rally 2 Racing Seats
Custom Black on Black Gucci Trim
Custom Red Carpet
OEM Black Carpet Mats
Blue LED Conversion
Red Gauge Pods w/Reverse Glow Gauges

Suspension:
Koni Yellow Shocks
Tein S-tech Springs
Acura TL Rear Sway Bar
Eibach Front Strut Bar
18" ADR DV-8 w/red tuner lugs

Engine:
Injen Cold Air Intake
Apexi WS2 Catback exhaust
OBX Test Pipe

OLD OLD OLD
IMG_0004.jpg

OLD OLD OLD
IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
how come you have no holes in ur front bumper? from the license plate screws?

PROJECT H

Reaction score
looks good..i like the mugen lips =] and i like your plans too. haha

btw is it just me or do your yellow high beams look a lil weird? its like one solid color lol.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
looks really nice man, in ur opinion, does the rear lip match evenly with teh stock sides skirts and the mugen front lip? i was thinking about doing that setup down the road, do u have anymore full body pics of your car?

6genaccord

Reaction score
how come you have no holes in ur front bumper? from the license plate screws?

I'm fairly sure the 01-02 front bumper uses a bracket mounted underneath to hold the license plate. When I replaced it with the 98-00 bumper I noticed it has a plate mount moulded into the actual bumper with holes.

looks good..i like the mugen lips =] and i like your plans too. haha

btw is it just me or do your yellow high beams look a lil weird? its like one solid color lol.

Yeah it is one solid color. I ran out of the stained glass and figured I'd try the solid color. I found, since the housing isn't transparent because of the opague paint, I can use my brights as the main headlights until I get another bulb. Plus I'm starting to like it. lol

looks really nice man, in ur opinion, does the rear lip match evenly with teh stock sides skirts and the mugen front lip? i was thinking about doing that setup down the road, do u have anymore full body pics of your car?

I'll take some more pictures for you as soon as I get a chance. I think they match up fine. The back I noticed matches great...the front I had to do a little retrofitting since i put a 98-00 mugen on a 01-02 front so closest to the wheel curves up a bit. Nonetheless I think it looks fine.

Very nice. except for the left fender of course :beer:

Oh I forgot to add under future plans... I think I'll just re-paint the whole car so I can get my lips moulded and some dings taken out. Plus it will give me a chance to have my new bumper shipped to me and for my bank account to recover for a bit. I've been quoted $2000 for entire car repainted black, factory finish. Sound good or should I keep looking?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
The car is already black...I don't think it's worth another $2000. If you do do it, you better take care of the car like crazy and keep it garaged. I wouldn't recommend it for a daily driver.

Plus, I think you should invest that $2000 under your hood instead. The car from the exterior looks great already.

JDM Accord 510

Reaction score
I really like the Mugen lip kit, did you have any problems with the fitment on the front or rear lip. Your lip kit looks normal compared to many our accords with the front bending lip.

6genaccord

Reaction score
I really like the Mugen lip kit, did you have any problems with the fitment on the front or rear lip. Your lip kit looks normal compared to many our accords with the front bending lip.

There was no problem with the rear at all. The front I noticed was tight, but I'm pretty sure that can be attributed to the fact that I bought a 98-00 lip and fitted it to a 01-02 lip. Nonetheless I fitted it to a blank 98-00 bumper I have in my attic and it fit decent...a bit tight on the sides. Either way I clipped the tabs off on each side where these lips usually crack. Relieving the stress on the fitment prevented it from bending up and after its molded I'll just have the sides capped by either epoxying the tabs back where they were or just bondo-ing it.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
U don't need to repaint, find someoen to pull out all the dents and dings. Then find a good detailer, he should be able to bring your paint back to its original shine.

Back