Projectors?

heathan

Reaction score
I just purchased a nice pair of carbon taillights from E-bay that I'm very happy with. But now I've purchased a pair of projector headlights that I am still happy with, but wanted some feedback. It was a choice between the JDM carbon headlights, which look stock except for the carbon housing, or the black Halo Projectors. I decided against the carbon because of the stock look. Anyone with pics of their accord with black projectors by chance? I'd like to take a look at them on the car itself if possible. I'm sure I'll be happy with them, but if not, I can always sell them on E-bay again and buy the carbon ones. Can you tell that I'm kinda indecisive? Yeah..... Anyway, I'm changin up the whole theme of the car and decided to add carbon trim here and there to the int. and ext. (hood, spoiler, taillights, (maybe headlights), and possibly trunk). Anyways, any pics of your rides with the halos or projectors would be a great help.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you wont like halos, cuz what ive heard is you cant see sh!t from them at night. i used to want them, but never got them cuz i never heard 1 good thing about them, other then people liking the halo effect. i would suggest you just blackhouse your stockers, but if youre not up for it or w/e, then i would say go with those carbon ones, i know what those look like, haha, i remember when i first saw em on ebay, iw as like, whhhaaattt? haha. but yea, you shouldve told me you were lookin for altezzas, i couldve sold you my old custom ones, haha, but theyre not the carbons anymore, they used to be, but not anymore.

heathan

Reaction score
Well, like I said, I'm happy with the taillights. Is the problem with the projectors due to not using halogen or xenon gas bulbs though? It was said to use either of the two. If all else fails, I have a friend with a black 99 accord that I could sell the projectors to and then just buy the carbon ones. I'll just have to wait and see once I get them installed. I use a set of fog lights also, so that'll help with any problems that I might have with limited visibility. Thanks for the feedback. I'll post pics once the lights get here. I have about....one week left according to the shipping track.

heathan

Reaction score
Just arrived...

Well, my projectors just arrived and I'm pretty happy with them so far, but we'll see more once I get them installed. I'm thinking of perhaps buying a pair of carbon eyelids for them to go with the CF look. I just don't know how much it'll block the light output. Here's some pics of em.

2100287_47.jpg
2100287_48.jpg

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the output on those projectors aren't very good... if u do get sick of them, blackhouse ur OEM ones, and do a TSX retrofit.... expensive, but well worth it

heathan

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, but lets work on what we have right now. I'm a little confused about the 3rd light hole on the projectors? is it for another low beam that I can slice into the first or is it for another light all together like a fog light or something that I should hook to a switch? I've decided to rig the Halos up to a switch so I can use them when I want instead of having them on all the time. Maybe that'll help them last longer. I'll work on blackin out the stockers too. I'm installin the lights tomorrow morning so I should have some pics for ya later in the day. Again...anyone know what that 3rd hole is for? Thanks.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that 3rd hole is for that little light on the bottom of the stock headlights. like where the orange strip is, you just move it so the 3rd hole on the halos.

heathan

Reaction score
Could you change it to a white or halogen bulb instead of keepin it white to help with the light oiutput though? I suppose you could. Thanks for the help too.

Back