Projectors?

heathan

Reaction score
Duh! I'm a retard! the bulb is probably aleady white and the glass is orange in front of it.... grrr. Ok. I get it now. ;)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
heathan said:
Duh! I'm a retard! the bulb is probably aleady white and the glass is orange in front of it.... grrr. Ok. I get it now. ;)

haha yea, the way its orange is cuz of the orange piece infront of it. when i took my orange pieces out, i bought PIAA hyper white bulbs for down there, cuz the stock bulbs still had a yellow to them, since theyre old and whatnot, it wasnt the look i wanted. so i dished out my savings account for a couple PIAA bulbs, and they last too, so nothing to worry about, haha.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
If money is not a problem get them retrofited with TSX projectors and use OEM Hids with D2S bulbs.

heathan

Reaction score
heh. I wouldn't say money is a "Problem" but it isn't bursting out at the seams in any way shape or form either. I have a little(stress the "little") extra saved back but I think I'll just stick with what I have and maybe in the future I can think about the TSX lights. Thanks for the idea though. I've had alot of people mention the TSX retrofit as well. It'll be worth checkin into.

heathan

Reaction score
Ok, I got everything in and you guys can check it all out on my Cardomain site. http://www.cardomain.com/profile/heathan. The light output is actually really good even without the high beams. I wired the halos up seperatly too so that they won't be on all the time either. The bumper didn't fit right and there's about a half inch gap below the passenger side light because the upper bumper brace in the front is kinda mangled from a fender bender I had. But it's only gonna cost 25 dollars for the brace so it'll be fixed soon. Other than that everything went pretty smooth. I think the lights look great and I love the halos.
2100287_56_full.jpg

2100287_57_full.jpg

I'll take some pics of the light output soon and post em. Thanks for all the input guys!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the halos look alright. jw, have you ever gotten a ticket for that license plate frame? and also, i wouldnt have green turn signals if i was you, instant ticket there too. i like the headliner tho, that came out nice.

heathan

Reaction score
No I haven't had a problem for the covers and no I haven't had a problem with the turn signals either. I've even turned in front of cops at night and never had a problem. My town is pretty lax on stuff like that. I shouldn't have the half mirror tint either but I do. heh. Some cars round here have all the windows like that but I don't think I'd go quite that far. I have been pulled over once for my tint though in Columbus but I was told that the cop that pulled me over pulls everyone over. He just gave me a warning though. I'm gonna change the turn signals to blue once I get the outside painted the way I want too. I still shouldn't have a problem round here though. *fingers crossed*

heathan

Reaction score
Wanna try something a little different...

I got my projectors and halos in and wired up the way I wanted them. They look great. But! This morning I switched on the Halos(that I didn't wire into the parking lights because I wanted the halos alone and didn't want them on every time my lights were on), and I realized a new little "problem" that has come to my attention. Since I just straight wired them to a switch, the dash lights and rear parking lights don't come on along with them. It just kinda bugs me that the dash is dark at that time of day when I could use the extra light to see. So...I've tried to think up a way to rig it up so I can have the best of both worlds. Halos with the interior lights and rear parking lights on at the same time, but without the signals or front running lights being on. I've drawn up a couple possible solutions for a 1 and 2 switch method. If any of you guys can take a look at this and tell me what ya think I'd appreciate it alot. I don't know if I can get the single switch to work cause I don't know if I can find a switch to work like I need it to. And also...where would be the best place to splice into the front parking light constants from the light dial on the steering column? You'll see what I mean by looking at the drawing.

2100287_66_full.jpg

heathan

Reaction score
Wait! I'm a genius! scratch those plans up there ^^^^^^. I figured out an easier and safer way to get what I want. How's this sound...? I just don't like the 3rd projector light on with the halos, the signal light isn't a problem, so... I think what I'll do instead is just cut the wiring on the 3rd light(what use to be the amber strip light) and just splice it into the low beams. That way when the parking lights are on my mirror leds, interior lights, rear lights and signal lights will be the only ones on and I can keep the halos wired to a switch the way they are and then just turn them on then with that setup. Then....when I turn on my low beams the 3rd light will turn on along with the normal low beam lamp. What do ya think about that setup? Probably saves me over an hour of unnessesary work and it'll still allow things to work out the way that I want them to. Opinions are welcome once again...

Dallas

Reaction score
personally

personally if it was me, i would either get the tyc or blackouted oem ones, the tycs look badass on accords, and the light output is f-ing amazing

Back