★ Russianred's 1987 MK2 Golf ★

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
I love these cars, they have so much potential. I think the VR6 swap would be amazing, well balanced car with a good sounding motor=WIN!

Good luck with the build Nikita!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
All this modifying and crap is pointless. I think you should do a full detail on this bad boy, do a drop and call it good. Id roll around mostly stock since its becoming a collector.

mr. smith

Reaction score
whaaaat! nice find!!!!i think a corrado g60 swap would be nice!lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^Haha It's been garaged at my dad's house for 12 years. I've had it all along, just never messed with it. Though G60 or VR6 swap would be ballin, yeah I agree - I'm not going to mod it out at all in terms of performance, it is a collector. I will put on wheels and drop though, maybe the Euro front clip with round headlights. What I really want it to get it reliable enough for a DD though.. That's the essential mission with it right now.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Woww. That's pretty awesome you've had this car sitting around and now its in good running condition.

I'd think about replacing seals and hoses, you know the standard maintenance for a car that's been sitting for a long time. Dry rot, ftl.

But that's a clean car Nikita. Awesome!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
never saw this thread till now :thinking:

single round headlights, g60 swap but ditch the g-lader for a turbo...good to go. the gti front looks like every other gti out there, and everyone else wants the ralleye front. and the ralleye front looks just like the westy front at first glance.

vr6s are expensive to maintain and hard to work on. ive done my research on that :skurred:

mk2s are my favorite body style :wub:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
How bout lets not swap and say you did. Removal of stock items will lower the value of the car. Do a headlight conversion,drop wheels..done....

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Well guys, back at it again with this forsaken son of a bitch. It's like Deja Vu - did the regular de-ratting, vacuuming, removing of shit from everywhere. Of course checked the air box and piping there to make sure it wasn't infested. Haven't touched it for two years, since I haven't been back to Maine for about two years. Now back for good - determined to get this thing road-worthy without cutting out like it used to.

Put Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders for about an hour, put in fuel, then cranked it. No start. Checked plugs, spark, all that is fine. Put fuel in each cylinder and cranked it - started for about 3 seconds then died. Same fuel problem as before. Shot about 2 or 3 rats nests from the tail pipe :henry:, they really like building some nasty abodes if the car is left untouched.

Tested the in-tank fuel pump, works. Circuit works. Tested the in-line fuel pump - guess what, that's the culprit. This is the EXACT piece I ordered two years ago, and now it's corrupt again. Going to call up the dude tomorrow and explain the situation to him, and hopefully he can make it right.. This is BS. The faulty pump was the issue even before I left from Maine, and went to Oklahoma for two years, and now I'm back and it's still the issue.

Can't explain how many hours I have spent cleaning the WHOLE fuel system and troubleshooting every single piece possible, including tonight's whole evening. Pretty awesome working on old cars, especially VW's :badger:.

Back