★ Russianred's CD5 Saga ★

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Re: ★ Russianred's CD5 Project ★

looked at first page. skipped to last..hahaha too lazy to read through all ten pages but man can I see a difference between the pics of when you first got it and now. **** looks super clean man expecially for $600. I just bought another 240 today :lawl: paid $300 for it :afro:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

^ Haha SCORE!!! I'm also looking at some other stuff here and there.

Kind of been wanting a Euro RWD project lately..

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

I just got a cd5, Nikita! We can be apart of the cd squad together! I'll have a thread up soon but it's a 96 4 dr 4 cyl 5spd maroon in color with 210k miles on it. Black leather. The only thing wrong with it is the oxidized paint.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Awesome bro!! Same color as mine too, is it the Bordeaux Red officially named color? R78P-3 I believe..

Is yours an EX too? LOL I think we have twin cars.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

Yep! Haha. I Am going to get some new head lights for the first mod. Also, if I do engine stuff to this one, I will do all of it BEFORE I lower it lol.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Sounds like a plan.. Beware, if you decide to do it yourself, blackhousing the headlights is a true challenge! You have to tape everything off perfectly and evenly, as there is no individual housing to paint like we have in our 6thgens. I don't blame you for buying a different set. OEM Blackhoused are unique though. :naughty:.

Updated mod list on page 1. :beer2:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Got all flawless chrome replacement trim at the junkyard - the old trim was all dented up from someone locking themselves out of the car (I'm assuming) on both sides too. I'm considering blacking it out eventually, or just swapping it for the already blacked out DX trim.

Also picked up another little goodie from a 1997 V6. That generation model has a different trunk lid (the one with the additional inner tails) that this garnish comes stock on in some versions:

photobucket-20240-1345040164549.jpg

photobucket-1242-1345040192583.jpg

photobucket-1878-1345058821866.jpg

I had to dremel away a little material to make this piece fit, and fitment came out really well. The little trunk garnish is plastic, but covered with real chrome, which I cut my finger on pretty well, because I was removing the plastic burrs on the cutting edge, not realizing it was coated with actual metal..

Opinions welcome, should I leave emblem and trunk garnish the way they are, or perhaps should I paint both gunmetal?

Here's an example of it on a familiar 1997 :lawl:

2d5b5873.jpg

Photo Rights: RackedOut

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: ★ Russianred's CD5 Daily★

Looking real good

Thanks Jeff, not nearly as nice as your 3.2 6MT though! ;)

Looking good Nikita! Can't wait till its finished!

Thanks Roma,

It pretty much is aside from tint and coils. Coils I am getting by the end of September, after my dad comes back from Russia and I can save a few more paychecks to have that extra spending slack! I'd like to do sidemarkers too, so I don't think there is ever a way a car is 'finished'. It's always an ongoing transformation or improvement of current styling.

Still can't decide if I want to baby this car and run it into the ground, or use it until I find a better (second, aside from the corolla) daily and sell this one for profit. Either or is an option because this car runs like it rolled off the factory line and the interior is mint and oh so comfortable. Exterior I can't say the same about, but I can't complain - it will do.

I also have things to buy for the Green CG :deal:...

Last edited:
Back