01-02 4dr fogs on 98-00 coupe

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
Ok well to the people who noticed the inside was missing. lol, thats the part I had to modify to fit.

Ok well obviously you see the whole thing usually looks like this
lights.png

I had to cut the outer end off. Then with a dremel I grinded down the housing smooth. After that I had to cut the inner tabs where it would go screwed in off and grind it down smooth as well as they wont be used on this bumper.
trim.png

Then you have to obviously remove the bumper. The fog light will fit all the way down to where this arrow is pointed. And you remove from the center of that part all the way out slowly till you get the bezel to fit flush. You want to remove as little as possible.
P9180746-1.jpg

And to mount it to the bumper you use one of the existing screws of the fogs. Picture doesnt show it well but if you have it in your hand you will see it. You remove that screw and when you mount it to the bumper you re-install that screw it will hold the bezel to the bumper.
screw.png

And the last part of mounting it is the semi pain. You have to drill a very very tiny hole with the bezel on the bumper and the fog light out of it through here and use a screw short screw to secure the bezel to the bumper and you will not see it at all because when you tighten it the bezel will sit flush with the bumper on the top and you wont see it at all.
drill.png

Well wish I would have taken pics of the process to make it easier for others to follow but its not that hard. I had a harder time installing my girls fogs on her 06 civic ex and that was with fogs that where meant to fit her bumper, lol.

jaw819

Reaction score
a bit confusing, but it works.
i appreciate it, sir.
+1 go you! :rock:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I gotcha. I think I would have tried to leave what little of the cover I could on the outsides because it just looks like something is missing imo. But painting the covers could fix that, like this:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21502

I think this looks really great, and I haven't seen it done on many cars, esp a red coupe. Looks like he may have gotten rid of the cover on the inside too, and just left the shroud.

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
That's nice. I like that. But that's an 01-02 4dr bumper that's why it sits correct but I like the idea of painting it

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just throwin out ideas here. But don't get me wrong, I dig yours as I am obligated to give love to all red coupes.

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
Just throwin out ideas here. But don't get me wrong, I dig yours as I am obligated to give love to all red coupes.

no thats actually a great Idea, im going to see if I paint the trim that goes attached to the housing painted.

Back