01 coupe bumper swap question

spediegunz

Reaction score
My 01 coupe bumper is cracked and needs to be changed. With this opportunity id like to change to the type r grill. Since the bumper from the 98-00 coupe allows you to have an interchangeable grill, I want to buy that bumper question is will it fit ?

Secondly if it does fit I have an 01 mugan coupe front lip will the lip be able to fit the 98-00 coupe bumper ?

Please forgive me if the info is out there but all searches keep bringing up sedan to coupe swaps.

james'99

Reaction score
Yes, you can run the 98-00 bumper. Most go to the 01-02 bumper for the fogs. The 98-00 bumper will fit with no other modifications to the car. As for the type m lip, I know I have one on my 02 bumper (1999 Coupe), but not sure if it was offered for the older bumper.

Here are a couple links I found. A lot of them said coupe, but showed sedans in the pics. The second of the two links here is probably what you are looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-98-00-H...ash=item1c4674b87b:g:okoAAOSw0e9U0Z4L&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-1998-20...ler-/301777209950?fits=Year:1998|Model:Accord

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Like he^ said it will bolt on. 98-00 do use different foglights though, if you even have/want any. You can modify an 01-02 lip to fit 98-00, minimal work there from what I've read.

spediegunz

Reaction score
Yes I've seen pics of his car through search the shop did a really nice job, I dunno that I care to keep my fog holes so bad that I would pay to have a shop fabricate a way to cut the grill and put the type r one on. I don't even have fogs and I just got new headlights that will be the star of the show anyway. So I will definitely be ordering the 98-00 bumper and slapping the 01 lip onto it photos to follow soon.

james'99

Reaction score
Yes I've seen pics of his car through search the shop did a really nice job, I dunno that I care to keep my fog holes so bad that I would pay to have a shop fabricate a way to cut the grill and put the type r one on. I don't even have fogs and I just got new headlights that will be the star of the show anyway. So I will definitely be ordering the 98-00 bumper and slapping the 01 lip onto it photos to follow soon.

01 lip would just hold on to the bumper in the middle though, no?

Latest posts

Back