02 Accord Coupe F23A4 with oil in spark plu chambers

bocas0225

Reaction score
Hello fellow accord owners!!! Need some serious help!!!!!

I went start my car this evening after its been sitting all day and it would start. So I scanned the car with the OBDII Scanner and found out that I am getting a miss fire on all 4 Cylinders. So I start pulling each spark plug one by one starting at Plug 4 which is closest to the distributor cap. I pulled spark plug 4 and notice a very small amount of oil, I pull spark plug 3 and notice slightly more oil, so by this time I'm like great this isn't good. So I plug spark plug 1 & 2 and the plugs are covered in oil and there is oil in the chambers....

I am in need of some serious help as to why this may have happened. The valve cover and spark plug gaskets were replaced no more then a month ago (now keep in mind I know I bought all the gaskets and had someone do the work for me) so I am hope this idiot that replaced my timing belt also made sure to replace my valve cover and spark plug gaskets because they came with the kit I bought. So if anyone can please help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!!

james'99

Reaction score
Which misfire codes did you get?

Did it run after drying the plugs and draining the oil back into the cylinders?

Use some throttle body cleaner to clean the spark plug wires as it plays nicely with the rubber on there.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
are the bolts tight?

pop it back off and see if there is a defect in the surfaces.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
scratch/dent/corrosion

it should be flat and smooth, almost like a mirror

xci.ed6

Reaction score
something kinda sounds odd, maybe

when you tighten the cover that should squish them down.

but when you pull the cover that may pull them up.

bolts are all fine?

Just make sure to follow the manual and tighten the bolts to the correct torque in the correct order.

bocas0225

Reaction score
Yeah I had to push the gaskets back down. I bought a new valve cover gasket set which comes with new spark plug gaskets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back