03 CL type S seats

iviaillet

Reaction score
The cl seats pretty much bolt right in.

Trying to figure out if I can use the side airbag in the cl seats for a 2002 accord ex which already has side airbags. The connector for the airbag itself will connect and looks exsactly the same, but you need to plug in the opds unit and the seat belt buckle sensors to not throw a srs light, im going to try it out and see what happens.

iviaillet

Reaction score
More good news the 02-03 Acura TL/CL seats are practically direct swap into all 98-02 Honda Accords even with side airbags, if you dont have side airbags then you dont have to worry, for the ones with side airbags the only thing that has to be done for the SRS light is to swap the OPDS unit in the backrest of the passenger seat, Unclip the clips at the bottom of the seat back by pulling towards the rear of the car(they almost always break and service manual says to replace them) undo the seat fabric on the inner sides of the seats and peal off the fabric to reveal the OPDS unit, remove the white clipped in plastic cover to reveal 3 philips screws, unplug the 4 yellow plugs and plug in the OPDS unit that came with your car('01,'02 accord). Make sure the seat belt sensors, airbags(yellow connector), and the OPDS connector are all plug in tight. Clear the SRS light if its on and you shouldn't have a problem unless there was already something wrong with your SRS system or if there is something wrong with the ones in the Acura seats.

Now I'm going to order heated seat switches to see if I can get those wired up, but it looks like they should work with the wires that I posted earlier.

Here are some pictures of the biege, also you have to be moderately skilled to perform this...

Last edited:

LX99

Reaction score
iviaillet
Looking good!!
Now find a sedan with leather door panel and swap - that's what I did to get the doors to match :)

Also, did you ever finish hooking up the heaters? Where did you end up putting the heater switches?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Got them all figured out the drivers seat you send 20amps to the solid red and solid blue wires and 7.5amps to the white/blue and solid yellow wires and ground all the black wires. The passenger you send 20amps to the solid red and white/red wires and 7.5amps to the white/blue wire and ground all the blacks.

It looks like the heated seat heaters have thermostats and breakers built into them so you should be able to hook up power and ground with the right amperage to the wires and have them work no problem. It looks like if you send 20amps to the white/blue(low heat) and the white/red(high heat) wires and ground all the ground and it should work, also the wires are on a seperate 3 pin connector.

Really ?! I applied 12v to all wires while grounded and nothing happened with the heaters .. as a matter of fact, all wires are powered right now whenever i turn on the car hahaha.

Back