04 acura tl

matt_glesn

Reaction score
If you can afford it go for it. Last year i was paying 220 a month for a harley and 275 a month for my honda cbr. Was ok for maybe the first couple months but kinda sucked after a while especially with rent and insurance for 3 vehicles, but my dad wanted the harley and i sold the cbr when i had like 800 left on payments from a 7500 loan. took the money from the bike and paid some debt, and painted the car. Now no payments, just insurance on the accord. feels really nice. was really tempted to just go buy a new car but decided i didnt want the payments, I have alot more money to burn to do what i want through the month. So if i were you I would just save that money every month and pay cash, by that time you would find an even better deal for that same car and maybe you'd have money for a newer car then and can pay cash for it. Think about it.

cajun

Reaction score
Awesome car. It has a timing belt, so if you rack up miles you'll need money for that in a few years. You may also need a clutch soon if the prev owner abused it. Things to think about since it sounds like you're stretching to make the payments.

There was a recall on the 6spd trans in the Accord. Something about 3rd gear popping out, and to fix it they have to open up the trans. I think the 04 TL shares the same 6spd, so you should check to see if the $$$ upgrade was done under warranty.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
this is why i buy cars cash with no payments... i hate paying montly payments for a car

jeffpanya

Reaction score
I've been reading all your guys input on this. Having to do payments my whole life is probably not worth it. So I'll let thus car go. There will always be better times. The accord is paid off I work 37 hrs a week so I'll just have money to blow probably save up for a turbo kit for the 6thgen

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea dude, save up the money for toys and chicks and fun times, haha. sometimes when i had my gti i wish i didnt have the payments so i couldve afforded to do things, haha. not that i couldnt, it just wouldve been a lot easier to do so. once i find a good job now, im just gonna bank all the money i get from that since i have no payments, and maybe get a bike eventually, or a cheap fun rwd beater haha.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
save up.

BTW, it better be in MINT condition. otherwise I think you could find a better deal. My 6spd was around that same price. And it had 45,000 miles. And inside and out was pristine. Including new brake pads, rotors, tires, frshly painted rear bumper, a-spec lip kit, etc etc...

jeffpanya

Reaction score
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1509762860.html

well here is the link to the posting lol clean :)

but im for sure going to need to get a new car because my dad sold his is250 divorce going on and the step mother is taking everything he has and the odyssey she wants to. so my dad is drivng the 6thgen and hes going to find me a new car.

Back