100w bulbs..wtf?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
im just getting information, learning if u will, really want the bulbs to appear brighter like a whiter they look yellow/orange compared to the 6oook hids
ty all for the great information

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I'd say get them
I've purchased a set of 100W super yellow bulbs about 5 years ago and they're still fine and bright as hell.
These bulbs has gone from my Accord, to my Grand Cherokee, to my current 300C
all requiring the same size for the high beams.

kashmeister

Reaction score
For my low beams I went with 35W 6000K ebay HIDs.

For my high beams I went with 55W 8000k ebay hids.

Let just say the low beams alone are significantly noticeable. Like if you see it you'll be like "damn, that **** is bright"... But the high beams, god help you... you literally have to squint otherwise it hurts. If enough people want, I'll dust off the camera and take a pic.

The only issue I find with HID high beams is the 3sec warm up time. Kind of annoying if your trying to flash your highs at someone and you look like a fool waiting for it to warmup.

001Stunna

Reaction score
^HID in highbeams is somewhat unnecessary though. Its really only useful if you have to do some driving at nighttime were theres absolutely no lights on the roads(even in which case your lows should suffice)
You will probably burn you ballasts thought if using them to flash ppl, have them connected to an alarm, or have a DRL module in your accord.

In addition i hope for your sake you're using a harness for that 55w kit.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^HID in highbeams is somewhat unnecessary though. Its really only useful if you have to do some driving at nighttime were theres absolutely no lights on the roads(even in which case your lows should suffice)
You will probably burn you ballasts thought if using them to flash ppl, have them connected to an alarm, or have a DRL module in your accord.

qft. And it doesn't help that you put dimmer bulbs in your high beams.

kashmeister

Reaction score

No harness :p
stock wiring seems to do the trick. no probs yet and its been like 3 months.
the stocks bulbs are around that range too (i think 55,65W or something). Its just the warmup that puts a high load on electrical system, but I don't see any problems short term. Long term maybe.

Back