100w bulbs..wtf?

truWarier02

Reaction score
can you imagine how much heat they put out? If the chrome on our reflectors comes off wit ha bit of rubbing, can you imagine what these things may do to our housing?

That's what I was thinking too..

But OP, try it out and let us know what happens :coffee:

001Stunna

Reaction score
can you imagine how much heat they put out? If the chrome on our reflectors comes off wit ha bit of rubbing, can you imagine what these things may do to our housing?

They are china made bulbs, the are "rated" at 100w...i'm pretty sure they're not actually 100w. Running them for 2 years they've done nothing to the housing on my oem headlights i had or the aftermarkets i have on now...and they don't even heat up much.
My car has DRLs so they are always on during the day at low intensity. I've used them as highbeams for a trip i did from Toronto-NewYork which happened to occur during the night and they didn't heat up or anything after around 3-4h of prolonged use. In addition how many of us are driving around with lit highbeams for prolonged periods of time anyways???

OP. if you want to buy them and try them go ahead. Do not expect them to be a miracle though lolz.

Last edited:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
im gunna try them, i really just want somethin brighter, my hids over take my brights lol

nsjames

Reaction score
if you want real hgh wattage bulbs it's IPF fatboys for the win.

upgraded harness+relays recommended.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Your car's electricals are not designed to carry that kind of current...guaranteed they will blow.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You can probably try and be safe. Worst that should happen is a blown bulb/fuse or both, but it is possible it could fry a connection somewhere. The stocking wiring is a bit dinky and I personally wouldn't use anything other than what is specified for it when no relay or harness is being employed.

When you need to use your brights, the combination of them and your HID's should be more than sufficient for lighting up the road...meaning it's okay that one is overpowering the other.

001Stunna

Reaction score
mkdb89-02se, whatever bulbs you put on your reflector highbeams will never really be brighter then your hids, without possibly causing issues.
I use the ebay bulbs rated at 100w simply because i can buy a set for $10 shipped, when locally cheapest i can find is probably around $30.
If a $10 set lasts me 2 years, i can possibly go 6 years with only spending $30 when the local set would've probably burned sooner then that.

Our cars headlights state
LowBeam 12v/51w
HighBeam 12v/60w

Last edited:
Back