12in vs 10 in Subwoofers

pattywak

Reaction score
Ahhh, I see this. So the technical specs of a sub will say if they are designed for SQ or SPL? I'm wondering because the 12" subs I have have SPL all over on them. lol.

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
JL audio all the way! I hate kickers... i mean they knock and hit really hard, but its not clean at all.. They skip so many notes and dont have a wide range of frequency.
!

Not really true unless you had your frequency filters turned to like 500hz then yes any sub will sound crappy.May I add the capabilities of the amp plays a large roll in the sound of your sub as well as your head unit. As in the pre-amp voltage, low/high pass filters, sub-sonic, ect. I would believe that those would play a roll into how your system sounds as well as the type of EQ you have on your HU. The tuning of the box can effect the sound and the frequency of the box.

YES 8's ftmfw

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
come on guys its all about the install. the box is really important too.
i've heard 2 8" dd subs go really low.
i've also hear 15's subs that have good sq.
I have a dd 9512 and it hits the lows pretty well and the sq is awesome.
heres a vid of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1vPREIPUQ0&feature=channel_page
i currently have a orion 15" which to my surprise has good sq too.
as for the elemental design sub, i heard they are quite decent. I know a guy selling a 15" one for $175 if you want. I can probably get it a bit cheaper.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Not really true unless you had your frequency filters turned to like 500hz then yes any sub will sound crappy.May I add the capabilities of the amp plays a large roll in the sound of your sub as well as your head unit. As in the pre-amp voltage, low/high pass filters, sub-sonic, ect. I would believe that those would play a roll into how your system sounds as well as the type of EQ you have on your HU. The tuning of the box can effect the sound and the frequency of the box.

YES 8's ftmfw

here's a 8" subs for you lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPzKai1zRY0

and here's some nice 12"s dd ftw

Back