14in Tire Sizes?

Audiobox

Reaction score
So after getting everything I needed for my CG to pass an inspection I drive down to a shop and both front tires break a belt, lol. They were brand new tires that were sitting outside for about a year so I guess they went bad, lol.

Anyway, I have 14in rims and need to know what the biggest size of tire is I can fit. I have some 205/75r/14's but when setting the tire up against the old one im not so sure there is room in the wheel wells, lol.

I need to know as I need to have my car back down to the garage asap so I can show my tires are good and get my sticker. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

AZmike

Reaction score
Why do you want the biggest size that will fit? Why not the standard size 195/70-14?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Take the size the car came with originally, and play with a tire calculator. I don't think there is much point in buying tires that aren't the right size just for a temporary need, just buy tires that are the correct size. 14in tires aren't expensive.

Btw, the 205/75's will fit unless you're dropped, then they might not depending on how much. Even then the 205 section width you're okay on, just maybe not the 75 sidewall.

Audiobox

Reaction score
Take the size the car came with originally, and play with a tire calculator. I don't think there is much point in buying tires that aren't the right size just for a temporary need, just buy tires that are the correct size. 14in tires aren't expensive.

Btw, the 205/75's will fit unless you're dropped, then they might not depending on how much. Even then the 205 section width you're okay on, just maybe not the 75 sidewall.

Thanks for the info man. The tire shop wouldnt put the 205/75 on because my rears were only 185/65, so i ended up picking up 2 new 185/65's from walmart for 50$ a tire.

The Accord is finally legal, lol!

Back