180,000 miles

TACORICAN

Reaction score
My 2001 Accord 4Cyl will hit 180,000 miles by tomorrow. Is there anything I should be worried about. Is there anything critical that I should be replacing?
The Timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires were replaced @ 126,000 miles. The Clutch, pressure plate and bearing and Thermostat replaced at close to 170,000 miles. Valve Adjustment at 150,000.
Would this car go much longer? If not, I'll try to trade it in (if they give me anything for it). The engine still runs strong and w/o problems (it also sounds like new, well sort of.
Thanks in advance.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
mine is about to hit the same mark.......i did all those maintenance as well for the car awhile back...clutch....timing belt...etc....

cars runs fine and i have a feeling it still is for a while

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
my bro has 250k and still working. its a honda. shouldnt be anything to worry about if you maintain it well

TACORICAN

Reaction score
Alright, bringing up this old post again. my car just his 200K. The last thing I did was an Engine oil change and new Air Filter. Everything else was done 127K ago. i.e. All Belts, all fluids, thermostat etc. CV Joints were replaced at 160K. Anything else due now that it's got 200K. I love this car.

jwong512

Reaction score
If your getting an annoying vibration when you idle, then I would clean out your IACV. It should have a ton of carbon deposits stuck in there at this point. But that's only if your idling high or have annoying vibrations. If you don't, then don't clean it. Too much of a hassle :p. I think it should be time to do a drain and fill on the coolant. Also, if your losing a lot of pressure on your brake pedal, I would flush out the brake fluid.

Back