195/65/15 tires on a 7 wide rim?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Is that stretching it a bit much? Any pictures of this setup? I have a chance at some 15's with these tires. The rims currently have 215/65's.. but I have 195/65's..

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Dunno why you'd want to stretch anything on 7":ugh:

Either way, it's hardly a stretch.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I'm not looking to stretch anything. I'm asking if that is stretching a 195 too much. Only reason I'm asking about 195's is for the smaller sidewall height to reduce/eliminate any rubbing a 215/65 would cause.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Unless you're spacing these wheels out, you won't have any chance of rubbing with a 7" wide rim, no matter what tire you go with. 195 will make them look a little skinny imo, but it will work.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Unless you're spacing these wheels out, you won't have any chance of rubbing with a 7" wide rim, no matter what tire you go with. 195 will make them look a little skinny imo, but it will work.
Well I put the 15's on today with the 215/65's and it did rub in the front over bumps and dips in the road. The 195's should lower the sidewall height by about 1 inch and bring it inside the fender a little which I'm hoping would help. The offset is low though so they pretty much sit flush.. I believe they are +38's or +33's.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I don't know why you'd want to stretch any tire on any rim and have it look like ***. :puke:

You answered your own question lol. I stretch my tires so that they fit inside the fender so that I can reduce/eliminate rubbing. Hipocrite.

Back on topic .. Going from 215 to 195 will shorten your sidewall height by 0.51" which you can also achieve by just going with a lower profile tire, such as 215/60/15 .. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the sidewall stretching and looking like ***. :boohoo:

EDIT: Btw going from a 215/65 to a 215/60 will give you the same fitment (I.E. No stretching) while still giving you a sidewall that is 0.41" shorter than the 215/65.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You answered your own question lol. I stretch my tires so that they fit inside the fender so that I can reduce/eliminate rubbing. Hipocrite.

Back on topic .. Going from 215 to 195 will shorten your sidewall height by 0.51" which you can also achieve by just going with a lower profile tire, such as 215/60/15 .. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the sidewall stretching and looking like ***. :boohoo:

EDIT: Btw going from a 215/65 to a 215/60 will give you the same fitment (I.E. No stretching) while still giving you a sidewall that is 0.41" shorter than the 215/65.
...You can take a flying leap off a cliff in a patch of cactus that's been dipped in herpe juice you douche bag. If you didn't have a ****ing good or helpful thing to say in the first place you shouldn't have posted. You didn't state why you stretched your tires in the first place so what was I supposed to do read your ****ing mind? Your the type of person that makes me hate these communities.

Back