FS: 1993 Mustang LX convertible

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
This ad is for my 1993 Ford Mustang LX convertible. The car is in good condition, but I just wont have the time to finish it. I purchased it with plans of a long term project, but now realize that there is no way I will actually finish the car. The car is in good shape, but as all projects are, could use some work. The body of the car itself is in good shape. There are no rust holes in the floor or interior parts of the car. The trunk is solid too with no rust in the trunk floor. The body of the car is in ok shape. There is some rust on the front fenders, but it has not gone through. The previous owner that had the car advised that someone had hit her while she was parked at a mall, so there is damage to the driver’s front fender. My plans were to just get new fenders for the car.

The interior is where I had made some changes. I put a pair of seats out of a 2002 Mustang in the car. The interior was originally white, but I ended up changing the panels out for black panels. The only thing that is still white on the interior is the rear seat. I had purchased some rear seat covers that match the front seats, and I was going to have then upholstered onto the rear seat of this car, but I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Rear panels and seat belts have also been swapped over to black. The dirty & worn grey carpet was replaced with black carpet. The top is in good shape and in working order. The previous owner had the top replaced 1 year ago. I did however purchase all new weather striping for the windshield, doors, and top. I will include it with the sale of the car, but I have not installed them yet. The headlights are clear and do not have the yellowing/hazing. The 3rd brake light was damaged & not working when I bought the car. But I replaced it with an LED brake light assembly.

As for modifications, I really haven’t done anything to the car. The motor is completely stock, and does have high miles. But everything runs well, and can still get up and go. My intentions were to just drive this until the motor goes, and then have an upgraded engine installed. The transmission shifts smoothly and does not grind in any gear. I do have a Steeda brand short shifter assembly installed, so the shifts are tight and quick. But I do have the stock shifter in case the new owner doesn’t like the Steeda. The previous owner did have a pair of Flowmaster mufflers installed, so the car has a nice deep tone, but is not obnoxiously loud. I did have a pair of Ford Motorsport “C” springs installed on the front, to stop the car from having a sagging/leaning look from certain angles. But if the new owner wants the car back at stock height, I still have the stock front springs. The rear springs are stock. I did have a aftermarket camber kit installed on the front, so the new owner will not have a problem with tire wear due to the lowering springs on the front.

This car is a decent car, and has a lot of potential (reason why I bought it). But I just realize that I don’t think ill ever get to finish it with the arrival of our newborn. So I’d rather see it go to someone that is going to enjoy it. The only bad things about the car are the condition of the front fenders, the high mileage, and the car does leak some oil. The a/c has been converter over to R134a, and blows cold. If you have any questions about the car or would like to see more pictures, please email me at E B X G S X R @ Y A H O O (dot) C O M (remove the spaces)

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

imitchellg5

Reaction score
Growing up, my parents had a '86 5.0 GT coupe and a '91 LX convertible. They'll always have a special place in my heart. Good luck with the sale.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i would def rock that car... i actually wanted that mustang as a project car but i wanted a 5.0 gt convertable, take out the rear seats, add a roll bar, straight exhaust to get the real purr of a 5.0... and of course... BAGGED SUSPENSION!!

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
yeah, sold the honda to get the minivan. still have the mustang (hopefully getting a fast sale) and my truck.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
For the money, thats way more car than any honda could ever be. I hope u sell. How many miles on the 305 5.0?

Back