1998 Honda Accord EX-V6 Coupe help!

Sebastien

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and extremely new to the car scene as in I don't have a good idea on what to do for my Accord for mods and cleaning it up!

As of right, I'm doing a transmission swap with a rebuilt one. We've already pulled out the rebuilt transmission and pulled out the bad one and all that needs to be done is for the rebuilt to be put in. Just FYI, I'm not leading the transmission project as I have really no idea what I'm doing!

But if anyone has ideas on what to do for mods and how to fix things such a tint, painting and clear coating, websites on where I can purchase good parts, etc., that'd be great!

A big thing I'd like to do is make my car stand out from the rest of the cars on the road. I want it to sound mean and aggressive but at the same time I'd like to not be a cop magnet and attract them for no reason.

What can I do for interior? How do I clean up my wood grain without damaging it? How can I make my interior one of a kind with LED lighting? What kind of HIDS should I get without attracting the cops?

Oh BTW, I also purchased a parts car where I pulled the rebuilt transmission from but it is black in color compared to my dark green Accord.

Any kind of suggestions are welcome as well as constructive criticism! I'm easy going and always try to be better! Please post pictures to help with your advice to help me understand better! Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from everyone soon! :) I love my Accord!!

Last edited:

Sebastien

Reaction score
I'm also not really sure how to post pictures without being registered for 7 days! I've had the app for about a month but never registered till now! Please help!

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Refer specifically to other member's ride threads. There you could see possible setups you may like and what you don't. It's all based on preferences. There are also a ton of other threads dedicated to various things such as reviews on exhaust, lighting, suspension, etc. Remember, search is your friend. So don't make the same mistake I did a few times and make a new thread w/o searching first (Future reference of course). As for the picture posting, no way around that. Just wait out the 7 day period and then you can post. I did mine through photobucket, but some do other sites like flickr. Oh and one more thing,
Welcome to 6GA!

Sebastien

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks a lot buddy! I really appreciate your reply! I will definitely use search as my friend, thanks a lot again! :)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
But if anyone has ideas on what to do for mods and how to fix things such a tint, painting and clear coating, websites on where I can purchase good parts, etc., that'd be great!

Honda motorcycle dealer, aerosole wax stuff, Honda labled OR "original bike spirits, spray cleaner and polish" I use it, good cleaner

I want it to sound mean and aggressive but at the same time I'd like to not be a cop magnet and attract them for no reason.

I'll create a thread when I do it, but now I run oem, what I will do is hook vtec signal to a electric valve so it switches from A (one) oem muffler to a open dump under vtec

What can I do for interior? How do I clean up my wood grain without damaging it? How can I make my interior one of a kind with LED lighting? What kind of HIDS should I get without attracting the cops?

See prev, Honda works, I'll go HID also upon failure (they won't, they may burn up, but new bulbs last because I bought a 2 pack 3 years ago and have only used 1)

Sebastien

Reaction score
Is the a place where people are selling parts from accords on this forum?

Sebastien

Reaction score
How do valve covers work for a V6 VTECH engine? I have the J30A engine. I want a custom valve cover for my Accord but can't seem to find one

Back