1998 honda accord lx car floor mat

Dimsumbunz

Reaction score
I'm taking about the whole carpet that covers the entire car ground. So lets get to the question. My carpet is really dirty and it has a lot of stains. Keep in mind that its quartz gray. I was wondering how would you clean and take the stains off.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Throw it in the laundry machine and let it dry overnight.......

Jk lol.

Try soaking it and scrubbinf it with powder detergent.

metrick1235

Reaction score
Throw it in the laundry machine and let it dry overnight.......

This does work.. did it to my dads jeep when a 5 gallon bucket soaked the floor with Pickle juice... lol.. not the best option but it does work.. and well i might add

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Pressure washer simple green, and florida sun if you can.
but scotchguard got my seats clean after Denim dye stained my seats.

Last edited:

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i had stains on my carpets i used brake clean.take a rag spray it with brake clean and scrub the spots out .then simple green or fabuloso from home depot.this is what we did with customers cars when we detailed them at the dealer ship we used it on grass stains on cloth seats and someone spilled red wine in the back seat it got rid of it .make sure you spray it on the rag first.i also did it to my car also interior looks brand new

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
I had a Nissan maxima a few years back with dirty carpet, I got extreme and took my moms Hoover shampoo carpet vacuum and resolve carpet cleaner and my carpet looked brand new

talontsiawd

Reaction score
You can clean it up pretty decently with a good nylon brush and some carpet cleaner. Some use simple green instead.

I recommend taking the carpet out. It's only about 20 min worth of work. Then use your favorite cleaner and a hose. You will find that even the cleanest spots are absolutely filthy. I do this every few years and just put the seats back in with no carpet to give me as much time as I need. It takes forever to dry, that's the main problem doing it this way.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Taking it out is the best way for a thorough cleaning. But you can get away with:
-1 gallon Purple Power, cut in a spray bottle. 50/50, or adjust the amount of cleaner to water solution as need be. Spray with a medium mist. No stright line shooting at spots=makes more work scrubbing. No too fine a mist=stuff gets on EVERYTHING, and you waste alot. Also, wipe clean immediately of over spray on plastics.
-Use a nylon bristle scrub brush to chase after spraying. Doing one section at a time helps. I.E. driver's floor, then pass, then rear driver,ect. That way it does not dry in before you can soak it up with a terry cloth towel.
-Use terry cloth after scrubbing each section turning it as it pulls the funk out of the carpet. Have alot of towels there, NO T-shirt scraps, their useless....-Let it dry with windows down and no floor matts for a day or too. Use your judgement to tell when it is dry. You can drive it while it is doing so, just use common sense about how not to get it dirty while drying. It will have a slight coarse feel to the material, but that will go away with normal use.

Hope that helps.:thumbup:

Back