1999 Accord Vs 1999 Camry which is better looking?

ryannel2003

Reaction score
My first car was a 2000 Camry LE. Super White/Oak with Oak leather interior. Looked just like a similar year Lexus ES300. We still have the car and I think the design is more elegant than the Accord's. The Accord is sporty, the Camry is more "luxury" though it certainly isn't a luxury car by any means.

Build quality is far in favor of the Accord. The interior is nicer, seats are more comfy, and overall it feels like a nicer place to spend time. The Camry is a 4 cylinder and while it's as reliable as can be, it's really slow. No comparison to the J30 in the V6 Accord's. V6 Camry's have sludge issues, V6 Accord's have tranny issues. Unfortunately the latter is much more common but honestly it's worth the risk to drive a sportier, more comfortable car.

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
When I was at the junkyard going up and down the import rows looking for 6th gen accords I approached a few camrys from the back before I realized they weren't accords. From the back with the trunk lid up its hard to tell!

oakshaun

Reaction score
i'm really split on this one. i've owned 3 camry's and 2 accords. my 98 camry was beautiful but, only to me. but i damn sure know which one is faster

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hmmm, the best front, 01-02 coupe, best tails 98-00 sedan, gotta make somethin, why start with that?

I thought we already took care of the lesser vs better(01-02) tails in another thread?

:karate:

I think Toyota, at the time('99) was actually trying to make the Camry look a bit more like the Accord.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Asked on a 6thGen Accord forum.

[Admiral Ackbar voice] It's a TRAP!!

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Back