1BAD6's Custom total Interior Thread (Pics and Vids)

changaroo

Reaction score
Re: 1BAD6's Custom Interior and Paint/Bodywork Thread (Pics and Vids)

i know its your car and you can do w/e you want with it, but $3700 for reupholstered seats?

you could have bought some nice racing seats for that price! that actually have bolsters and will serve a purpose if youre going to push that much power.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score

Price is absolutely ridiculous. The quality of work doesn't justify that price one bit, especially with the use of a Katzkin kit. You should have checked around a few other shops in the GA area. For $3700, you easily could have used alcantara fabric with custom stitching at the very very least. Yikes, that's depressing.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Looks good! But agreed, way overpriced....
Did my own with custom ordered fabric from sparco in Italy and even kept it under around $800 with custom stitching and everything.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

Tims upholstery on buford hwy? If so they do good work there.My shop uses them for our cars needing work done.Kinda pricey.
they did run 2 screws through my bosses 69 camaros roof tho,so they did the complete inside for free.ha

1bad6

Reaction score

500whp???

Reaallllyyyyy................... :coffee:

No bud. 500 engine/flywheel hp. The dynos are expected to show around 430-440 whp. Anything higher and I might faint with happiness. I should have numbers today or tomorrow to report, but I'll do that in the "member rides" section.

1bad6

Reaction score

Tims upholstery on buford hwy? If so they do good work there.My shop uses them for our cars needing work done.Kinda pricey.
they did run 2 screws through my bosses 69 camaros roof tho,so they did the complete inside for free.ha

Yup, the very same shop! They do quite a bit of the celebrity rides around Atl like the Atlanta Falcons's rides, Keisha Cole, etc so they must do good work. Then Tim was very customer friendly and willing to do anything that I'd requested.

Looks good! But agreed, way overpriced....
Did my own with custom ordered fabric from sparco in Italy and even kept it under around $800 with custom stitching and everything.

Thanks! The problem was that I couldn't do my own and I needed it done fairly quickly.

i know its your car and you can do w/e you want with it, but $3700 for reupholstered seats?

you could have bought some nice racing seats for that price! that actually have bolsters and will serve a purpose if you're going to push that much power.

I looked at racing seats, but I'm 6'4 220lbs and most racing seats that I've sat in are not very padded and seem to be made for race car drivers, most of whom are damn near midgets. Another few issues with racing seats is that even if they would fit me comfortably, there's no way to know since when you buy online you can't sit in them before buying AND I'd have to get the shop to color match the rest of the interior to the seats, which in most cases ends up getting you 2 nice looking racing seats and a close, but not quite matched rest of the interior...which doesn't look good. Then I'd have lost my electric height adjuster on the driver's chair, which I love.

If you price it out...the leather kit was about $800, install on it was something like $700, the carpet was about $300 I think, install was around $400, then there's the suede for the rest of the car and installation time for removing the headliner, visors, moonroof shade, and all of the small plastic parts that they dyed in charcoal. Stuff adds up quickly. I absolutely didn't want to pay nearly $4,000 to get it done but in the end I'm VERY happy with what it looks like, it's unlike any other that I've seen on this site, and it'll be comfortable for me and anyone my size.

Price is absolutely ridiculous. The quality of work doesn't justify that price one bit, especially with the use of a Katzkin kit. You should have checked around a few other shops in the GA area. For $3700, you easily could have used alcantara fabric with custom stitching at the very very least. Yikes, that's depressing.

Check the pricing above...I don't think the end price was outrageous although if you'd asked me beforehand if I'd spend that much to get it done, I probably would have declined. Either way, it's done and looks GREAT in person!

Namboyz

Reaction score

great looking car bro!! keep posting your project!! xD

1bad6

Reaction score

I also forgot that part of the charge was to fabricate a panel for the rear deck. My aftermarket speakers have a big magnet and they wouldn't fit because they would hit the trunk springs. The interior shop made brackets for the speakers that has them sitting about half an inch or so off of the rear deck so that they don't hit the springs in the trunk and they modified the rear deck and covered it in charcoal leather.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

So they used mdf speaker rings....

I'd charge you ike 5 bucks for that, lol.

Back