1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 12/12-Semi completed

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 11.22-PAINTED!

Monty, that first pic, it looks really bumpy, is that something that can be sanded out?

Too bad about the 'trash' and runs, but those are minor fixes.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

Monty, that first pic, it looks really bumpy, is that something that can be sanded out?

Too bad about the 'trash' and runs, but those are minor fixes.

yea that can all be sanded out.I used a old piece of 1500 by hand to sand a little.It might be a little orange peel-y but not to much.

yea the car would be perfect if the gun didnt shoot all that crap out! ha
but after the break ill order some 1500 for my DA and slick the whole car down and buff it with some real 3M stuff.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

yea that can all be sanded out.I used a old piece of 1500 by hand to sand a little.It might be a little orange peel-y but not to much.

yea the car would be perfect if the gun didnt shoot all that crap out! ha
but after the break ill order some 1500 for my DA and slick the whole car down and buff it with some real 3M stuff.

'orange peel'...that's the term I was looking for.

Sounds like a good plan to get everything worked out.

Will be checking back often.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

'orange peel'...that's the term I was looking for.

Sounds like a good plan to get everything worked out.

Will be checking back often.

thanks man..I cant wait to revel the car all done! and this is 1 out of 4 projects going on..so the car is 1/4 of the way done.haha

and no body noticed i left the custom front lip out of all my pictures. :ohsnap:

dont check too often..car will be sitting till monday.will have a flat bed tow me back to get my glass put back in..then buff next weekend and put those lips and front bumper/sides on.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

ok guys,Im not going to say im a perfectionist,because I let alot of stuff go..But I could not let my bumpers go looking like they were rattle caned or macco job..SO i decided to take 20mins to sand and reclear them..along with my front/rear lip...so lets the pictures to the talking..Very happy I did this.Less work buffing. Even 600grit was taking awhile to get the orange peel/dry spray out slick.

CIMG2898.jpg

CIMG2899.jpg

CIMG2900.jpg

CIMG2901.jpg

CIMG2904.jpg

BigAnt

Reaction score

thanks man..I cant wait to revel the car all done! and this is 1 out of 4 projects going on..so the car is 1/4 of the way done.haha

and no body noticed i left the custom front lip out of all my pictures. :ohsnap:

dont check too often..car will be sitting till monday.will have a flat bed tow me back to get my glass put back in..then buff next weekend and put those lips and front bumper/sides on.

Cannot wait to see the results man.

blankkoop

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 11.23-re-PAINTED!

gun needed to be adjusted to let out more paint....easier to repaint the areas where the gun threw out a lot of trash...wet the floor next time to get less trash..you sprayed it w the door open? the run by the handle is gonna be hard to buff because of all the edges ...not bad though for garage..

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

gun needed to be adjusted to let out more paint....easier to repaint the areas where the gun threw out a lot of trash...wet the floor next time to get less trash..you sprayed it w the door open? the run by the handle is gonna be hard to buff because of all the edges ...not bad though for garage..

all the trash was caused by something going wrong with the gun and clear..the clear kept getting clogged or something then it sprayed out chunks of clear.
and yea sprayed the car with the door open,didnt have enough room to move around to paint the hood or trunk it closed..but bumpers it was closed.
the runs will be okay..i have alot of clear in the car so ill use the razer blade to scrap most off then sand the rest. and buff slowly on edges.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

wow.. the bumpers and sideskirts came out great :thumbsup:

did u resolve the orange peel issue yet?

Back