2.5 Dropp Camber Need for!!???

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i had no camber problems in the rear of my accord, i just got the ingalls front camber kit. if you do end up getting camber kits, i would say only get the ingalls ones, theyre really good.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
you should probably get the fronts too. after being lowered 2.5 ish inches all around for abt a couple weeks, my front tires showed alot of camber wear. the rears werent as bad, but i still had some camber too.

if you didn't get it aligned, it was toe wear. camber causes uneven wear, not excessive wear. With correct toe settings you can run -2* of camber and get decent tire life, just have to flip them on the wheels after 10k miles.

My 240sx ran -2* front, -2.5* rear, toe was at factory settings. I ran used tires, so I'd put on fronts with even wear and ~5/32" absolute tread depth. After 7-10k they'd be to 4/32 outside, 3/32 inside and thats when i'd flip them over and put them on the rear wheels to burn em off. Funny thing is, i'd use 2-3 sets on the rear for every set on the front.

Normal tire wear on a car with standard tires (think new accord) is about 1/32" every 5k miles.

kconn

Reaction score
ok thanks guys, good to know.... i went with some other springs that will give me a 2'' drop instead

Back