20 mm rear antiroll bar with stock suspension

AZmike

Reaction score
I've been considering getting the 20 mm TL rear antiroll bar for my '98 EX sedan. After lots of searching here I've read some very positive opinions on the change. Unfortunately nearly all of the members that had tried this sway bar have other significant suspension modifications.

I'm curious what members that have otherwise stock suspension think of the 20 mm rear antiroll bar. I'd like to reduce the understeer from the factory setup, but I'm concerned that the switch from 16 mm to 20 mm may result in too much oversteer. I'd probably try the 19 mm from the CL if it didn't cost 3x what the 20 mm from the TL costs.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my coilovers are stiff as hell, and i have a 24mm rear sway...if i jerk the steering wheel on a wet road, it still doesnt oversteer, so i think youd be safe on softass stock suspension with a 20mm rear sway. youd really be better off with an aftermarket suspension before an upgraded rear sway bar though. i dont think theres many people, if any, that have upgraded rear sway along with stock struts and springs.​

AZmike

Reaction score
I figured I should list what I thought if anyone else is considering the same change from 16 mm -> 20 mm rear anti roll bar.

The car rotates a lot better. There is much less understeer. The ride quality is the same. As expected stiffening one part of the car emphasizes the compliance of the other parts--especially the stock 195/65 tires. Either way, for ~$50 I'm satisfied with the improvement. I went through Curry Acura who offers free s/h regardless of order value.

NotNice

Reaction score
What weeere the parrt numbers for the order? I now the sway bar its self and then u need bushings n all dat good stuff.

AZmike

Reaction score
The Accord end links work fine it they're in good shape (mine were). I've heard the Moog end links on rockauto.com are good if you need replacements though.

Back